stock injectors+boost - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
stock injectors+boost
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 5:29 AM
whos running boost on stock injectors? im looking for answers more towards the 2.4 engines. also how much boost and if u have any other minor fuel mods (Safc-II or FMU). every damn garage i go to tells me i should be fine at 7psi with the Safc-II and tunned. i say everyone on the forum has injectors and a lot more. so i just wanna see if anyone got away with 7psi on their stock injectors. thanx

Re: stock injectors+boost
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 5:58 AM
I wouldn't do it if I were you. Brown tops are so cheap that its a poor excuse not to get them, or some other stock injector like red tops if you have a 2k+. Either spend $100 on a set of injectors, or spend $1000 on a new motor...

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 9:03 AM
i got stock injetors and 5psi from a s/c. but i have a FMU and a walbro intank fuel pump.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 9:53 AM
or you could ditch the cheap brown tops and buy a set of RC 320cc....just my opinion
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 11:22 AM
yea karo sells the high res 310cc and thats all i want to do along wit my SAFC-II. but my dads liek dont over buy and all this crap and this guy owns a garage and races. and said he puts turbos on his miata at 10psi and does nuttin and runs fine im like dad its a miata. so i basically wanted this thread so i could just be like look! i tell him 24/7 imma need injectors and he thinks my SAFC-II i just ordered will cut it. thanx guys. and any more input would be great just more to show him.
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 12:13 PM
a safc might cut it.. but only for so long.. your going to put alot of pressure on those stock injectors.. yea it might work for a few months.. hell even a year... but what if they dont work.. shifted is right.. for such a cheap cost, y not get new injectors..

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
Garret t3 turbo charger for sale.. $75 plus shipping
jeep wrangler hard top for sale.. 97-up.. rear defroster and smoked glass..
$900 or best offer.. e-mail for more info
Thursday, April 14, 2005 3:43 AM
i thought i read that the brown top injectors were giving a few people problems.
Friday, April 15, 2005 8:55 PM
#1 get the red tops
#2 take out the stockers
#3 put them side by side
#4 laugh
#5 put in the red tops
#6 thank dad!!!!!

plus they give you room for improvement a.k.a. more horseys

"dude, thats a girls car"
PSHHHTTT NOT ANY MORE!!!!!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search