what turbo would you recomend getting? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what turbo would you recomend getting?
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 8:03 AM
hey guys i am looking into getting a turbo, i am fairly new with turbos, what turbo would you recomend that i should get, i want the whole package, intercooler, blow off manifold. or would it be better to by all the parts seperate? thanks for your help

Re: what turbo would you recomend getting?
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 8:05 AM
What are your goals.... and have you read the FAQ?

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 9:02 AM
like Shifted said, it depends on your goals, how much power you are wanting to make, how much boost etc. If you just want to run 6 psi on your stock internals, the turbo sold with most base level kits is a Garrett T3 Super 60.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Saturday, April 16, 2005 11:34 AM
yah i dont want to go to insane. i have all internals done, port polish .10 overbore, new crank secret cams . would i be better of to buy the parts seperate or buy a kit
Saturday, April 16, 2005 2:54 PM
doubler wrote:yah i dont want to go to insane. i have all internals done, port polish .10 overbore, new crank secret cams . would i be better of to buy the parts seperate or buy a kit

that's a personal decision. you're looking at the ability to run 12 to 15 psi as long as your fuel system and drivetrain are modded to handle that power. luckily for you, you have plenty of options for fuel injectors, fuel pump, rail, etc. but this is where it gets tricky. you'll want better CV shafts ($600), tranny work ($$), fuel management ($$$$), and hopefully nothing breaks. if you are going to start forking out money, fork it out and go all out. build your own bad ass kit because for right now, all the kits are simple base level kits that offer little to no upgradeability. hope that helps you out.

Saturday, April 16, 2005 3:30 PM
Ive just started researching the turbo kits for the ecotec but the hahn racecraft setup seemss like it has some great potential, especially if you go with the stage 2 kit.

I believe they said it put down 250whp with only minor airflow mods to the engine and that was the stage 1 at 8psi...and was pushing almost 330 with high boost....That just my 2 cents.

Ill be prob going with this kit myself in a month or so. Its a battle between this and the RSM S/C stage 2 kit...

I cant make up my mind

-Coming Soon
Saturday, April 16, 2005 5:31 PM
(FORMERLY KC ABSOLUTE PERFORMANCE)

I'm personally a turbo guy myself, always liked turbo setups. Because you can go all out with a turbo setup and do some crazy things. Granted, you it's easier to mismatch and cause problems, but doing research and putting together the right combination is half the fun.

I would say the Hahn Racecraft kit sounds like a pretty good kit, go with the stage 2. If you ever need links to more reinforcement for your intake and fuel system, drivetrain, or anything else just let me know and i'll help ya to the best of my ability.

Sunday, April 17, 2005 12:29 AM
Sunday, April 17, 2005 12:21 PM
what about piecing together a turbo from ebay, like buy all the parts seperate, wont that save me some money?
Sunday, April 17, 2005 3:34 PM
what parts would you recommend that i get?
Sunday, April 17, 2005 8:34 PM
I would not buy anything from ebay doing with parts that could blow your engine...even when used right......I would tell you nto purchase from a reputible company with good customer service.....that way if you ahve any questions you can call them up and ask...if you go through ebay and have a question your screwed...

Just dont take this wrong....agian this is just my opinion

Let me know what you decide, or if I can help you in any way..

-Coming Soon

Sunday, April 17, 2005 9:50 PM
GreenFire wrote:t-88!!

i've seen a T-88 do horrible things to a 2JZ block... which can withstand about 800 more horsepower on stock bottom end than the 2.2 OHV... i'd hate to see what a T-88 would do to an 2.2 OHV.

Monday, April 18, 2005 6:43 PM
sorry to jack a post.. i see everyone talking about a super 60... thats great ... but whats the difference between that and a t2/t40e witha .57 trim??? besides the price difference (which i would like to know if anyone knows it) what kinda of lag, power producing (cfm per min??), and upper limits are we talking here...

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
Garret t3 turbo charger for sale.. $75 plus shipping
jeep wrangler hard top for sale.. 97-up.. rear defroster and smoked glass..
$900 or best offer.. e-mail for more info
Monday, April 18, 2005 7:21 PM
go to a junkyard and find a 00-02 ford f-250 7.3 turbo diesal. get the turbo off of it and run about 20 psi of boost on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that should get your car goin (until all 4 of your rods shot out of the hood). j/k

id say t3.

Monday, April 18, 2005 9:29 PM
yah im thinking that im going to buy the parts seperate, what all parts do i need, and were can i get them , thanks for the help, also a book about turbos may help.
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 8:26 AM
doubler wrote:yah im thinking that im going to buy the parts seperate, what all parts do i need, and were can i get them , thanks for the help, also a book about turbos may help.

that still depends on how much power you are going to want to put down. let's say you want to start simple, run 6 psi or so on your stock bottom end, stock fuel system. my advice for a base entry level kit would be to just buy the kit. it's not going to be worth your money to spend time fabbing up a kit for 6 psi, only to have to redo most of it when you build your motor for more power, more boost, and all of that.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 2:44 PM
Well, i dont know about you guys that are trying to build turbo kits but ive been talking to Hahnracecraft directly for the last couple days and all i have is positive feedback. They answer all my questions and are very quikc about it...sometimes with in the hour!

All i know is thats what i will be buying

-Coming Soon
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 11:34 AM
yeah.. the hahnracecraft kit runs a super 16g, not a t3. I've been told to stay away from the super 16g by a couple friends. Do you know why they would suggest this?thanks

Things are looking better already!
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 11:36 AM
Quote:

i've seen a T-88 do horrible things to a 2JZ block... which can withstand about 800 more horsepower on stock bottom end than the 2.2 OHV... i'd hate to see what a T-88 would do to an 2.2 OHV.

Im pretty sure u couldnt fit it, if u tried.

Check Out My Domain Page!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search