Walboro 255 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Walboro 255
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 6:48 AM
Hey guys;

I have a quick question for the fuel guru's out there. I want to upgarde my Hahn Racecraft inline pump with an in-tank Walboro 255..........Because Hahn reccommends the 255 for there kit if you want to upgrade to an In-tank.

My question is, is if there is anything else I need to get other then the pump itself. I don't think I need an application kit because the car is a 2003 and in great condition. And if there is anything I need to know to install it successfully.

Thanks alot guys, this site has always been a great help to me with technical stuff
Evan

Re: Walboro 255
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 4:08 PM
Walbro 255.......

Sorry about the spelling mistake, I hate making those
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 4:50 PM
i used just the pump, i'm pretty sure i reused the stock sock. also there are some pics i have of the install:

this plastic nipple broke on us, (i think) it had the accordian hose connected to it (you'll see when you'll take it apart). the 255 doesn't have this nipple its a hole

we fabbed one up using a lathe out of brass

both wire harness next to one another

how to hook the wires up, do yourself a favor and us solder and heat shrink!

be safe with the install

click me for more pics

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 5:04 PM
Thanks alot man, this will be a great help.
Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:10 AM
I'm finishing up my Walbro install tonite--pretty much the same pump that ^^^ used. I can get some more pictures to you if it'd help.

I would recommend replacing the plastic feed line from the pump to the to the top of the gas tank while you're in there--don't use the same one (that came stock) for your new pump. It's been form-fitted to the OEM pump--just throw it away. The size you'll need to buy is 5/16" and you should only need about 8" of it.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:54 AM
Agent Omega wrote:I'm finishing up my Walbro install tonite--pretty much the same pump that ^^^ used. I can get some more pictures to you if it'd help.

I would recommend replacing the plastic feed line from the pump to the to the top of the gas tank while you're in there--don't use the same one (that came stock) for your new pump. It's been form-fitted to the OEM pump--just throw it away. The size you'll need to buy is 5/16" and you should only need about 8" of it.

Thanks for the heads up man, I'll be doing that for sure.

I guess all I need is 8" of 5/16" Silicone hose.
Thursday, February 02, 2006 3:47 PM
someone had a link to a site that had the 255HP walbro fuel pump for sale, they also had the proper install kit.

does anyone remember the site and the proper install kit?

thanks

Thursday, February 02, 2006 4:01 PM
http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/

install kit 27

Blew it up
Thursday, February 02, 2006 5:03 PM
thank you!!!

does the above picture with the wiring harness apply to all j-bodies, or did the wiring change ?

Thursday, February 02, 2006 9:15 PM
hey guys im trying to find a 255 walbro pump and im having a hard time doing it , can you direct me as to where you guys are find ing these pumps please thanks alot

long live boost
Thursday, February 02, 2006 9:19 PM
^^ are you serious?
98redcavz24 wrote:http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/

install kit 27

Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:57 PM
stevefire wrote:^^ are you serious?
98redcavz24 wrote:http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/

install kit 27

LT1 install kit. It's easy. You just have to look

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Saturday, February 04, 2006 4:13 PM
stevefire:

I would imagine all our cars are the same setup (wiring-wise.) But regardless, the fuel pump you're probably gonna buy will be a universal. You won't be changing your fuel wiring/setup around the pump, persay--you'll be making the pump work with your setup.

All you really have to pipe/wire in is the feed line and power/ground.

Saturday, February 04, 2006 4:27 PM
Aagent Omega, thank you for your help. I'll be upgrading my pump this summer, and all this info is going to definately help!

cheers

Saturday, February 04, 2006 11:41 PM
Agent Omega wrote:All you really have to pipe/wire in is the feed line and power/ground.

exactly!

Sunday, February 05, 2006 10:45 AM
found it so i just buy the gm one at the top of the applications list and then get the kit #27 and thats all i need right
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search