death to all JOO TRAINNIES - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
death to all JOO TRAINNIES
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:27 AM
does any one know of a good fix for pulling back on (i think) timing to save the trranny for shifts in the auto.

if you use anything but the reflash from gm your car just thinks its getting kicked in the nuts with power. but doesnt know how to compensate for power. this is the number one killer of autos with boost next to heat. and its the main reason hahn doesnt sell an auto kit.

so does anyone know of a good way to keep my trranny from going the way of fragel rock (yeah thats right bustin out fragel rock)


"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Image

Re: death to all JOO TRAINNIES
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:30 AM
HPT will be the only way to really tune the transmission.





4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Re: death to all JOO TRAINNIES
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:34 AM
depressing to say the least

will HP open up your fuel tables?




"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Image
Re: death to all JOO TRAINNIES
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:54 AM
no, the brilliant minds at HPT found a revolutionary way to tune an engine without effecting the fuel curve at all....








OF COURSE IT LETS YOU MODIFY FUEL TABLES!!!!




Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Re: death to all JOO TRAINNIES
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:56 AM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:

no, the brilliant minds at HPT found a revolutionary way to tune an engine without effecting the fuel curve at all....








OF COURSE IT LETS YOU MODIFY FUEL TABLES!!!!


it hurts my feelings when you yell




I thought it might of been an auto tune shooting for 14.7.......you know kinda like the stock ecu.


"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Image
Re: death to all JOO TRAINNIES
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:57 AM
and btw, i read the same post where you got that whole bit about timing and trans damage.... to be honest, i'm really not sure if thats accurate... It could be, but its the first time I've heard about it in any car that I've researched (and i have automotive ADD, so i research A LOT of cars i don't own lol). If the Shiftplus or Autotrans Interceptor really do what they say and firm up the shift, then they should be tightening servo pressure on the bands, which should result in far less wear during shifts, so with one of these installed i'm really not sure if the "timing thing" would be a problem.




Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Re: death to all JOO TRAINNIES
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:17 AM
im not understanding your question(s)


i havent had any problems with my trans in my 00 , and ive got the shift plus , and the gm s/c


im at 107,000 + miles







Re: death to all JOO TRAINNIES
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:58 AM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:

and btw, i read the same post where you got that whole bit about timing and trans damage.... to be honest, i'm really not sure if thats accurate... It could be, but its the first time I've heard about it in any car that I've researched (and i have automotive ADD, so i research A LOT of cars i don't own lol). If the Shiftplus or Autotrans Interceptor really do what they say and firm up the shift, then they should be tightening servo pressure on the bands, which should result in far less wear during shifts, so with one of these installed i'm really not sure if the "timing thing" would be a problem.


it was striaght from bill hahns mouth. he was saying after extended use they were blowing trannys becasue of something to due with the trans not letting off when the car shifts. to be honest with you I dont know excatly what he was talking about. but my thought is if it keeps a major turbo seller from from puting out a kit, it has to be serious.



97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™) wrote:

im not understanding your question(s)


i havent had any problems with my trans in my 00 , and ive got the shift plus , and the gm s/c


im at 107,000 + miles


due you have the flash? its programed in cheif


"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Image
Re: death to all JOO TRAINNIES
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:06 AM
yeah i read that somewhere on here also,

if you retard timing right before the tranny shifts it will reduce the power and help not destroy your auto tranny. and with the charger its programmed in the reflash

sorry jcavi, unless MS comes out with a way to control a electronic tranny (which i highly doubt will happen) HPT sounds like the only way to go..

sorry to thread jack, but what about the 3sp mechanical tranny, how does one change the shifting in it?





Re: death to all JOO TRAINNIES
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:10 AM
Volumeking333(Ryan) wrote:

yeah i read that somewhere on here also,

if you retard timing right before the tranny shifts it will reduce the power and help not destroy your auto tranny. and with the charger its programmed in the reflash

sorry jcavi, unless MS comes out with a way to control a electronic tranny (which i highly doubt will happen) HPT sounds like the only way to go..

sorry to thread jack, but what about the 3sp mechanical tranny, how does one change the shifting in it?


and boom goes the dynatmite.

I am so pissed I refuse to pay for another fuel computer

is there any way to just get the eco reflash. bahh I hate everyone.


"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Image
Re: death to all JOO TRAINNIES
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:51 AM
ive got the reflash , but my timing doesnt retard when it shifts









Re: death to all JOO TRAINNIES
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 10:01 AM
97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™) wrote:

ive got the reflash , but my timing doesnt retard when it shifts


Im not so sure its retardation of the timin so much as it some sort of line pressure change. actually now that I think of it there is one thing. the auto trans interceptor has two setthing changes line presuure and another thing it changes I belive that that is the peice that gets turned down.

again this is just speculation. I do know for a fact that the relfash changes somehting. you ask bill hill tell you.


"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Image
Re: death to all JOO TRAINNIES
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 10:52 AM
as much as bill knows, at the same time there are several examples of people running pretty high power on autos not having problems.... the only thing about that statement that catches me as off is that i don't recall ever having heard of a hot rod V8 auto having problems with a trans because of timing on the shifts..... if ANYTHING, the problem is from the band not tightening enough on the shift and allowing some slippage, which under high load can cause premature wear.... supposedly the shiftplus and/or interceptor make the band engage more tightly and allow less slippage, or at least thats how i've seen it explained. Thats why the shift is firmer, because the band clamps down tighter. Just like in the shift kits for older non electronic transmissions, where line pressure was increased by changing orifice size/spring pressures in the valve body.




Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Re: death to all JOO TRAINNIES
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 4:31 PM
IDK someone will have to get him on hear to awnser


"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Image
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search