For you Boosted Js out there over 1 Bar - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
For you Boosted Js out there over 1 Bar
Thursday, March 09, 2006 6:44 PM
Sup guys, im just trying to figure out what yall are doing/using to get over 1 bar of boost on your j...thanks for your help!

Re: For you Boosted Js out there over 1 Bar
Thursday, March 09, 2006 6:52 PM
So... basically over 15 psi?

I'd say you almost definitely need an aftermarket engine management system for that. That's even beyond the GM program for boost.

You'd need a 3 bar MAP sensor to read it.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:01 PM
Maybe an EIC of some sort?

Blew it up
Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:17 PM
1 bar is vacuum

2 bar is 14.7

Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:46 PM
Well what psi is supposed to through a map code. cause i run 16 psi sometimes and i never through a code.

DRIVE HARD OR DONT DRIVE AT ALL!!!

Friday, March 10, 2006 10:18 AM
listening

Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Stock!!!!!
Friday, March 10, 2006 12:31 PM
well my plans are to get turbo, buy the correct Wideband O2 and Also the HP Tuners Program. On 2001 2.4s it can only tune up to 14.7 psi max (or 1 bar)..so what else is out there to tune past that? My set up will be Stage III Axles, Custom Turbo Kit (t3/t04e), Clutch Masters Stage III Clutch, 330 Injectors, 255 Walbro Fuel Pump, 3" Exhaust and the Correct Wideband o2 and hpt liek i mentioned above...and stock internals for now, i will tune it at 10/11 psi but if my engine blows sooner or later, im going to rebuild it and i want to be able to go past 14 psi..so any help on this subject would be great.
Friday, March 10, 2006 12:42 PM
With everything stated, besides the injectors(330 is too small on a 2.4l for over 10 psi[IIRC]), after you forge the block you will be able to go up and beyond 14 psi, in the neighborhood of 20+, if you care too!

Failure is not failure if you learn from it
Friday, March 10, 2006 3:25 PM
What size injectors would you suggest then? and yeah, when my engine blows, im fully rebuilding it through JBP.
Friday, March 10, 2006 5:03 PM
Kyle Strosnider wrote:On 2001 2.4s it can only tune up to 14.7 psi max (or 1 bar)

that is 2 BAR

not 1

im running 36lb injectors now at 5-7 psi with my s/c , and i could use a few more psi , i can prob run close to 15 psi and still have enough fuel room

but with the gm s/c injectors , i was running lean

a adjustable fpr , will help , and maybe a fmu to supply more fuel above 15 psi

or just go straight to a stand alone

Friday, March 10, 2006 6:41 PM
ok so i put in my bar spring today in my wastegate. Uh see before i always talked @!#$ to my friend eric whos got a 3g turbo eclipse cause his motor handles about 18psi. Well he said he didnt want to so i did. I never had so much wheel spin. I killed this mazda speed protege at 50 percent throttle boosting to like 10psi. It was great. But yeah i took it out i was scared of blowing shiat up. so back down to 7.8psi

*2012 mazdaspeed3*

Friday, March 10, 2006 8:28 PM
unless HPT can alter the OS somehow to allow a 3 bar map, you will have to start doing Map sensor tricks just like the 1 bar map people after 14.7 psi. then you'll need an eic or some other method of adding fuel.

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Friday, March 10, 2006 8:36 PM
Jrobz23 wrote:unless HPT can alter the OS somehow to allow a 3 bar map, you will have to start doing Map sensor tricks just like the 1 bar map people after 14.7 psi. then you'll need an eic or some other method of adding fuel.

I would think as long as the Os is in the software for the 1 and 2 bar maps, then you should be able to alter it for more. I could be wrong.

FU Tuning

Friday, March 10, 2006 9:55 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]1 bar is vacuum

2 bar is 14.7

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Friday, March 10, 2006 10:01 PM
Jcavi wrote:[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]1 bar is vacuum

2 bar is 14.7

One bar is equivalent to 14.7psi of pressure correct? So if he runs one bar of boost that means the he is 14.7psi above atmospheric pressure so running two bar would be around 29.4psi not 14.7psi. If you buy a 1 bar spring and put it in your wastegate it will not run 0. And it specifically states in his first post that he is referring to boost. So he was correct and so was I.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Friday, March 10, 2006 10:10 PM
bar is marometric pressure. The atmosphere around you is14.7psi. when your car is at 0 psi and 0 vaccuum. it's at a complete vaccuum... Zero barometric pressure. which is 1 bar. when you hit 14.7 psi. you are at 2 bar otherwisee known as 2 times barometric pressure.

'00 Grand Am 2.4L LD9
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/816505
Friday, March 10, 2006 10:26 PM
so then when i run my 7.8psi spring i tell people i run 22psi? How much boost do you run and what do you tell people? When someone asks you how much boost you run do you not normally tell them the amount of pressure in psi above atmospheric pressure? So when i go to buy a turbo kit and it says its set up for 6psi do i assume that its 12.7-6psi= 6.7inch of vaccuum? In no way am i arguing what atmospheric pressure is im just saying in context when someone says they are running one bar of boost what do you assume. Do you assume they are na or they are running about 15psi???

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Friday, March 10, 2006 10:40 PM
lol. I understand the context and I think you do too, but some people may not.

but I run about 5 psi (above atmospheric pressure )

and I've never had someone say they're runnung 1 bar of boost.

and when you run you 7.8 spring, you tell people you're running 7.8psi (most people would know that you mean above atmospheric pressure)

but yeah, I'f you're running above what a 2bar map can read, youwill either need a 3bar map and a computer that can read it, or another way to add more fuel.

'00 Grand Am 2.4L LD9
Friday, March 10, 2006 10:51 PM
yeah its all good just gotta get your @!#$s and giggles some how . Go ms

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Friday, March 10, 2006 11:04 PM
I personally don't think I'll ever run into the problem. I don't think I'm gonna push this car past 10 psi. Unless I get another car and don't have this one as my daily driver.

good luck to whoever pushes it beyond a 2bar map sensor though.

'00 Grand Am 2.4L LD9
Friday, March 10, 2006 11:11 PM
and what I said above should actually say above vaccuum instead of above barometric pressure to be completely accurate. but hopefully we all know what I meant

'00 Grand Am 2.4L LD9

Friday, March 10, 2006 11:48 PM
On MSD programmable box you have to take the vacuum into consideration as 1 Bar as well, so get off him guys.
I am running 1.1-1.2 Bar right now, and the stock ECU is ok with it.
On the FMU and S-AFC btw, and 580 cc injectors.

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Saturday, March 11, 2006 2:13 AM
I am building his turbo setup for his car. So I'll probably look into helping him out with Megasquirt, because the overall compatibility of the HPT with our desired setup just isn't working out at this point.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Saturday, March 11, 2006 6:13 AM
Hey Guys, Thanks for all the responses and help with this. Spotabee is correct, he is building my turbo set up for my car. so whatever he suggest with my set up i will be using. About Megasquirt, how does it compare to HPT?
Saturday, March 11, 2006 9:45 AM
for the price megasquirt is better.... hpt turned out to crush a lot of hopes and dreams for some. Im still debating on what i can do. lucky me im able to use the boost tune since im a 2k2 z24.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
boost will be soon for me....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search