boosted tranny problem - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
boosted tranny problem
Saturday, June 03, 2006 3:45 PM
well i think its with the tranny, its pretty weird

ever since i installed the pulley boys quick change pulley system i have heard this sound coming from my car

when it is cold and i put it into drive i hear almost a metalic tick, its not real lous but loud enough to hear, almost like you are hitting a metal rod on something

but it only happens when i shift from park to shift

anyone else experince this!?

Re: boosted tranny problem
Sunday, June 04, 2006 1:05 AM
no one?!

Sunday, June 04, 2006 5:31 AM
wow your tranny is boosted? how'd you do that?

typically if you heard that type of sound on a rwd car, you could bet on the u-joints being bad... perhaps you have an axle with a torn boot and no grease that is starting to wear out?

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Sunday, June 04, 2006 7:49 AM
I'll have to hear it brian. From what your saying it almost sounds like the same sound I was getting when I had the interceptor in my car. If it is its just the trans going into gear making that noise from the extra pressure.

Monday, June 05, 2006 7:57 AM
I have experienced this too... i had the b&m shift plus kit . . . . and when it was set to hard the noise was pretty loud... now i control shift pressure with hptuners, and it makes the same noise... i think its normal... it didnt make the noise when i floored it with the b&m shift plus . . . so i assumed it was shifting with the same strength no matter how hard i was pushing the car.... with hptuners you can set the shift pressured dependant on how hard you are pushing the car

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search