Ecotec compression test - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec compression test
Sunday, October 01, 2006 9:14 PM
What should the compression test read back to you on stock 10.0:1 compression? Then... what should it read at 8.9:1 compression?

Thanks!

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|

Re: Ecotec compression test
Sunday, October 01, 2006 10:08 PM
Stock eco = 100 psi minimum and lowest reading cylinder must be at least 70% of the higest reading cylinder

Sunday, October 01, 2006 11:52 PM
btw thats the spec I found which didn't seem right so I did some more searching and found

"Engine cranking compression pressure - 185-225 psi"

Monday, October 02, 2006 3:50 AM
ummm.... anyone else?

|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Monday, October 02, 2006 8:30 AM
my test on stock everything was 210 across the board and then 180 in #3 but thats still within safe levels

You should read even across the board

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, October 02, 2006 9:03 AM
i bought 8.9 wiseco pistons, and eagle rods, i ran a compression test yesterday and i came up with 210 across the board.... is this normal? possible? or do i have stock compression pistons?

*stock bearings, and head gasket... only change was the headstuds, pistons, rods

Monday, October 02, 2006 9:31 AM
210 is nice for 8.9:1... but that was the same number as rodimus, rodimus could be a little low across the board, I will compressiont est mine next time rodimus comes up

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, October 02, 2006 10:25 AM
QBE (The Boosted One) wrote:210 is nice for 8.9:1... but that was the same number as rodimus, rodimus could be a little low across the board, I will compressiont est mine next time rodimus comes up

nice! hows your engine doing? i just ran a 13.2 @ 106.3 w/15psi . . . . .i have been trying to get a hold of suncavi to tell him his build is sexy, he built mine after yours!! thanks for the input man, when i saw 210 i thought i might have 10.0:1 compression some how, i was pretty worried!! but as long as 210 on 8.9:1 is not impossible AND actually good, then im really happy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Monday, October 02, 2006 10:27 AM

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 1:56 AM
ive got a 2.4

but when I did mine it was around 235 across all 4

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 4:48 AM
Whinin(BLWN Z24) wrote:ive got a 2.4

but when I did mine it was around 235 across all 4

thanks for the info!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 6:50 AM
Acer wrote:
QBE (The Boosted One) wrote:210 is nice for 8.9:1... but that was the same number as rodimus, rodimus could be a little low across the board, I will compressiont est mine next time rodimus comes up

nice! hows your engine doing? i just ran a 13.2 @ 106.3 w/15psi . . . . .i have been trying to get a hold of suncavi to tell him his build is sexy, he built mine after yours!! thanks for the input man, when i saw 210 i thought i might have 10.0:1 compression some how, i was pretty worried!! but as long as 210 on 8.9:1 is not impossible AND actually good, then im really happy

Really? I didnt know he built yours too... My rear mains eal was damaged in shipping so that leaks, I just deal with it right now, doesn't leak too much but I have to keep up with checking the oil....

Got any videos or pictures?

I would suggest getting the comp turbo cams and 3 inch exhaust

do you have any ehad work?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 8:34 AM
the eco comp turbo cams are badass

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 1:25 PM
QBE (The Boosted One) wrote:
Acer wrote:

Really? I didnt know he built yours too... My rear mains eal was damaged in shipping so that leaks, I just deal with it right now, doesn't leak too much but I have to keep up with checking the oil....

Got any videos or pictures?

I would suggest getting the comp turbo cams and 3 inch exhaust

do you have any ehad work?

i dont have any pics of the engine, looks the same on the outside though, lol... yea he built mine too, i was waiting for that compression tool thing like you were i do have a video in the racing forum... in car of when i ran my 13.2 at 106.3mph im pretty happy with that time.... im happy with the build, but i leak oil too, and i was doing a boost leak test and oil started shooting out of the dip stick... weird @!#$... i dont know what could be wrong, but its quite frustrating

im getting the patriot head with the comp cams in the future, the exhaust will most likely remain the same until i get a new turbo in the future... right now im mostly worried about these damn leaks and then building my tranny up but once i fix the leaks and the tranny then ima do the head, and then go with a dual ball bearing gt30r or 35r or something... for all of those plans to happen a solid year will have gone by though, lol...

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 3:23 PM
About those comp turbo cams...?I? bought them and install instructions, says something like set the gears back 12degrees...does that mean i have to buy the after market adjustable cam gear or will the oem cam gears still work?
Tuesday, October 03, 2006 7:36 PM
mark swenson wrote:About those comp turbo cams...?I? bought them and install instructions, says something like set the gears back 12degrees...does that mean i have to buy the after market adjustable cam gear or will the oem cam gears still work?

No you don't stock cam timing is the best... period....

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search