95-97 2.2 ohv Adler/OHV notec... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
95-97 2.2 ohv Adler/OHV notec...
Monday, June 11, 2007 4:46 PM
a friend of mine is wanting to build up his 2.2 eventually and i have limited knowledge about the 2.2. im looking for some help/insight on what would help him the most with it, i know roller rockers are a good investment for it and i told him that the top feed conversion might need to be done but i wasnt sure. for the top feed if it is needed, what all does it require?

i am searching and trying to educate myself on the 2.2 but hoping that with this post i might be able to consolidate a bunch of info into one area that will be readily accessible

thanks

Re: 95-97 2.2 ohv Adler/OHV notec...
Monday, June 11, 2007 7:30 PM
Man, I'd love to help, but we better wait for Adler or OHVnotec to respond.

Monday, June 11, 2007 9:41 PM
you are more then welcome to post as well any info is greatly appreciated, after searching further i read that you did the top feed conversion as well

Monday, June 11, 2007 9:53 PM
If he is building the LN2 normal stuff applys-pistons, rods, head work. Since he is on the side feed injectors he would need to do the top feed conversion. I have seen it done with the 2200 rail and I want to say 1 rail from a 2.3 quad. There are a few posts with pics on that subject.

Keep an eye on the classiflides as I have seen a few adds in the past for manifolds with the conversion done already. As for manifolds there is the ebay log, or a used j-tuners mani if possible to locate one. RDFabs could hook him up with a custom manifold if he so desires.

What else does he/ you want to know? I'm no expert by any means but I can answer most questions that may come to mind.

Monday, June 11, 2007 10:03 PM
Oh I forgot one other thing.....what does he plan on doing, nirtous, na, boost?

Monday, June 11, 2007 10:31 PM
he plans on going turbo after he gets basic maintenance done on the car

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 6:25 AM
What is the power goal?

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 3:06 PM
im not too sure what he wants power wise probably 200-225ish whp

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 3:34 PM
stevefire wrote:Man, I'd love to help, but we better wait for Adler or OHVnotec to respond.

ouch! im sure he didnt mean he wanted ONLY those guys' help man. maybe he wasnt aware you have done work on a 2.2/2200 before and only knew the other guys had.

what exactly is this 'top feed conversion?" im assuming its something to do with injectors?

i also have a friend with a 2.2 thats interested in power upgrades. i also dont know crap about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, June 12, 2007 3:37 PM

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 3:49 PM
Actually I was just bugging him and thankfully he wasn't offended by it.

If theres anything he would like to ask me he is more then welcome to PM me.

thanks for being able to take a joke

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 5:09 PM
LAFNGAS wrote:im not too sure what he wants power wise probably 200-225ish whp
I wouldn't even bother to open the engine up, except maybe for some ARP studs. Then basic turbo kit, should be less than $1000 all together without fuel management. What year?

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 8:59 PM
stevefire: its the org, if i couldnt take a joke or some heat, i better not even post some times

ohv: the specific year of it is a 97

his plan is the same as mine, get the car turbo'd and running good then build a spare motor and then slowly turn up the boost

we got hp tuners to play with to help with tuning as well

Thursday, June 14, 2007 5:57 PM
almost done with my top feed conversion.

what was done to make this happen

bending the trottle body bracket a little so it doesn't hit the fuel rail, i hate to say this but i had to make an impression on the fuel rail for clearance. im going to be able to still use the factory fuel regulator, but inline adjustable sounds good to.
a couple brackets on the lower intake manifold were grinded of f to allow for the fuel rail to fit.
a 5/8 drill bit was used to drill a little bit bigger hole, so the injector can fit farther down it the intake manifold so it will clear the throttle body. grinding was also done so the injector could it fit into the injectors holes a little deeper.
it not hard just boring.
so no picture yet
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search