2.2l manifold - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2l manifold
Friday, August 17, 2007 8:26 PM
Hi I am in the process of building my turbo manifold for my 2.2l none eco motor, and I would like to ask the people that have the j tuners manifold to post up some pic, other than the one from the site it would be deeply appreciated.

p.s ---„³ that stupid dipstick is in the way

Re: 2.2l manifold
Saturday, August 18, 2007 7:02 AM
You have to bend the dipstick tube.

ps...you can flange off that "stupid" dipstick's tube for your oil return.

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 9:17 AM
do you have a pic of where you tapped into said "stupid" dipstick tube for the oil return. i need to get my bung welded on this week sometime.

as for the origional question....check out RDfabs.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007 10:14 AM
John Benham wrote:do you have a pic of where you tapped into said "stupid" dipstick tube for the oil return. i need to get my bung welded on this week sometime.

as for the origional question....check out RDfabs.
Mike from CavConnection (before J-Tuners) gave me one of their modified tubes, although I still had to molest it to fit with the log mani. Basically, it's just a tube welded at a 45-degree angle up, going in near the bottom.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 10:19 AM
i what relation to the orientation of the car? (towards the front, passenger side....)

Thanks,
john
Wednesday, August 22, 2007 10:43 AM
John Benham wrote:i what relation to the orientation of the car? (towards the front, passenger side....)
It would depend on the turbo manifold, but mine was towards the front of the car, and towards the driver's side.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 10:48 AM
WELL I HAVE THE J-TUNERS MANI....SO I WOULD ASSUME THE SAME SETUP....SO LOOKS LIKE IM PUTTING IN IN THE FRONT SLIGHTLY TOWARDS THE DRIVERS SIDE NEAR THE BOTTOM....MAKES SENSE.

THANKS FOR THE INFO.
Thursday, August 23, 2007 6:07 PM
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I have no problem with the dipstick because I am tapping the oil pan for my return. I just wanted some better pics of the manifold so I can copy it

Friday, August 24, 2007 3:10 AM
it really is a very complex manifold.....not something you can copy from a picture...i think the companies website really has the best pictures of it right on there.

For fitment reasons, I would try to find one for sale....if you want to make your own after that feel free, but VERY hard to copy from a pic.
Sunday, August 26, 2007 5:14 PM
LOL i've come up with an alternative to the dipstick tap, you can tap the top of the block next to the dip stick tube, and put a AN fitting.
Thursday, August 30, 2007 10:59 AM
look at my car domain for some mroe pics

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/bslechta/coilsandwiresinstalled.jpg[/IM

there couple progress pics for ya to masybe help ya. i just did mine like nto even a month ago..the kti came witha new dipstick that was angled and had a spout for the retutn oil which was 10000000* easier then taping in oil pan hope this helps lemme know

o its a t28 stage 2 kit from from turbo specialities. running 10 psi now and cna run up to 20 with digital boost controller instaleld. ( which i will ntopush that much)

My Car Domain/My My Space/Likemyride.com/Showmeyour.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search