hahn turbo ? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hahn turbo ?
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 6:06 PM
i have searched about this but i can find a straight answer.
does the hahn racecraft turbo kit work on the 2200 AUTO TRNNY
i have read some articles saying the pipes get in the way with the auto
but no one has given a straight answer ... yes or no

IF YOUR GONNA GO DOWN ... THEN GO DOWN IN FLAMES

Re: hahn turbo ?
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 6:19 PM
no
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 6:36 PM
well that sucks ... can someone kindly direct me to a turbo kit that works on the 2200 auto tranny. or is that not possible

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 9:30 PM
idk what pipe would get in teh way besides the downpipe and thats not hard to custom make
Wednesday, March 12, 2008 11:09 AM
well thats cool i could fab something for that ... but does anyone know if there is a kit turbo or super that will work for the auto 2200 i would rather not fab stuff but i could.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 11:33 AM
bumb

come on someone has to know a easy way to boost my car

Thursday, March 13, 2008 12:15 PM
The easy way is to buy a car that you can buy a bolt-on kit for. Otherwise pay someone to do it for you if you don't want to learn on your own.

Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Downpipe w/ Cutout | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Saturday, March 15, 2008 8:11 AM
ok i pretty shur the kit at jtuners.com will work for my auto ... does anyone have this kit ? or can you tell me it works

Saturday, March 15, 2008 10:50 AM
I'm pretty sure hahn has an auto version of the 2200 kit. I could be wrong. Call it never hurts.
Saturday, March 15, 2008 3:11 PM
jtuners is no longer in business...

As for hahn..they dont make a auto version..but call them..it never hurts.
Sunday, March 16, 2008 5:21 AM
If you are talking about the 2.2 ohv with the auto tranny why dont you just run the down pipe down under the motor and tranny just like the stock exhaust.

Sunday, March 16, 2008 9:12 PM
You could always buy the 2000 dollar kit spend a couple hundred buck and fab up your own intercooler piping(theres looks a little long for my taste) and downpipe. I don't think its the downpipe the messes with the tranny due to there turbo placement I think its more the charge piping but I can't see how that would be a huge problem. Custom FTW!
Monday, March 17, 2008 8:34 PM
well it came down to me sending a e-mail to hahn and it turns out it fits both auto and manual ... good news

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 5:14 PM
Yea I thought so. See the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 10:05 AM
I fabricated my whole kit! What pipe would hit what? I had no clearance issues with anything.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008 8:55 PM
hey phil im thinking on turboing my 99 2.2 and was wondering what all you did to your motor to make it stronger
Tuesday, March 25, 2008 9:01 PM
i have a eco auto and i emailed hahns asking why is it for manual only they said the intercooler piping isnt made for it thats all... so im sure nothing diffrent from yours.. FMIC kit will do.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 8:14 AM
Our LN2 TurboSystem does indeed fit, and work well, on auto trans equipped cars. Perhaps you good fellows are confusing it with our Ecotec turbosystem, which is intended for manual transmissions only.

A word of advice for all: We are always ready and willing to provide quality, accurate answers regarding our product. Just call us, or email us from our site!

Thanks

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search