motor machining $$$? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
motor machining $$$?
Monday, March 10, 2008 9:14 PM
Hello JBO,
I was wondering what some of you paid for machine work on your built motors.. I will have to have my block bored out, basically I am going to pull the motor out of my car, load it in a truck as is (complete) along with my new block (brand new O miles) as well as all my parts and have them swap the motor parts over/ machine

Thanks in Advance!
Brandon

------------------------------------------------------------

Re: motor machining $$$?
Monday, March 10, 2008 9:55 PM
Is there a reason you purchased a new block? I am not sure on pricing cause I have done all of mine on my own.

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 5:09 AM
my guess is your looking at $1500 or more all dependent on the machine shop, you could save yourself some money and tear your old motor down

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 6:11 AM
I was able to get trade pricing, but here is what I got and paid.

(what my invoice says, and what I asked for)

-Align Bore main bearing saddles
-Align hone main bearing saddles
-bore/hone cylinders
-block deck resurfacing
-hot tanked

Cost me $ 425 Canadian out the door, which is a regular trade price.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 7:01 AM
$140 for the block work (I know the guy) I also reassembled my entire engine which saved me money.

$210 for my head work if I remember correctly???

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 2:22 PM
for me, i got the block bored, hot tanked, oil galley and freeze plugs replaced for $170 and my complete bottom end balanced for $150. I did the port and polish on the exhaust manifold, intake manifold and head myself....

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 2:35 PM
i just got the price for bored and honed cylinders,hot tanked,resurfaced,head surfaced and the valve job ,and getting my crank balanced,price is 670$$$

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2623318

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 9:05 PM
brandon, just have them assemble your short block, im sure you could manage doing the rest. you really only need to get the crank out of your old block right? do you even know if it's still good? you have your pistons/rods correct?

cyl. boring is actually damn cheap. (it is around here anyways).

Wanting a nice set of black 17's with mint tires? Pm me.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008 6:03 PM
z yaaaa wrote:brandon, just have them assemble your short block, im sure you could manage doing the rest. you really only need to get the crank out of your old block right? do you even know if it's still good? you have your pistons/rods correct?

cyl. boring is actually damn cheap. (it is around here anyways).

No, I'm still not positive if the crank is good, I will have the machine shop check it out, I also dont know if I bent any valves when it blew up, None of the spark plugs were destroyed so I'll take that as a good sign.

------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search