max turbo boost on stock internals? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
max turbo boost on stock internals?
Wednesday, March 12, 2008 5:15 AM
Hello all I have a question my 2.3/2.4 hybrid turbo setup is on the back burner for now, finishing up on my 87 Monte Carlo SS, anyway the current engine in my cavy spun some bearings and I got a grat deal from a friend on a brand new 2.4 crate engine with 0 miles. I'm going to install this to get the car back on the road with gas prices what they are, and I 'm going to get the Vulcan turbo manifold and a t3/t4e 57 trim stage 3 turbo to install on this engine so I can have some turbo fun until my builot motor is done next year sometime. What's the max boost I should run on stock internals 10psi, I already have Shifted's custom GM SC tune and HPT and what size injectors 370cc, 440cc or 550cc?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: max turbo boost on stock internals?
Wednesday, March 12, 2008 6:02 AM
If you have shifteds custom sc tune I bet money you have the same tune I have in which case it was set to run 310cc injectors. Talking in terms of boost is not really a good idea. Let's speak more in terms of whp. Assuming you have a consistent safe12.0-12.5 AFR when in boost you should be good anywhere below 240whp.

Anyway since you are using a all stock engine this might give you some ballpark idea of boost/whp numbers. I had a 2001 z24 with a completly stock engine except for the turbo kit. Check the black car in my profile for details of the turbo kit. Anyway that 2.4 with 5psi of boost put down 211whp with some heavy 18" Motegi mr7's

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Re: max turbo boost on stock internals?
Wednesday, March 12, 2008 3:08 PM
Thanks Wade another question is an FMU necessary if I have a boost referenced adjustable fuel pressure regulator?

Also do you still have the throttle cable bracket from the 95 cavalier?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search