15 psi actuator reaching only 10 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
15 psi actuator reaching only 10
Saturday, March 29, 2008 2:41 PM
I just installed a 15 psi actuator. It is only going to 10. Am i supposed to adjust this or should it be ready to go rite after the install. I did not have to adjust it to fit on the turbo. It fit just rite as in the arm being long enough to reach the wastegate. I will be giving hahn a call monday. Anyone know.

Re: 15 psi actuator reaching only 10
Saturday, March 29, 2008 6:11 PM
well if its any thing like my external waste gate.. i have a 10psi spring in and i only see 6psi... i had to throw in a boost controler to get it back to 10psi..

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Sunday, March 30, 2008 7:22 AM
I'll swing by and look at it later today if I have time. It should be adjustable.

Sunday, March 30, 2008 8:33 AM
I have an 18 psi heavy duty actuator from ATP Turbo.com. Only took me to 8 last year without pre-loading it.

I do believe the rating is what the diaphragm can handle if you pre-load it. I put a few turns on it and it easily went to 11-12 psi...

The actuator rod is adjustable, notice it's threaded with a nut? Take off the pin from the flapper arm, slip the rod off, back off the nut, and adjust the end of the arm so it's shorter and you need to pull it over the flapper pin. Then tighten the nut and put it back over the rod arm with the pin... and go for a drive. See if it hits the PSI you want. Keep adjusting until you're happy.

Good luck.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Sunday, March 30, 2008 9:08 AM
hey thanks chris im going to go out rite now and try it.
Sunday, March 30, 2008 9:40 AM
I took the pin out and turned the flapper in more and it was already turned that way as much it it would go. I could turn it the other way but that would be the opposite way of what you said and it would make the arm longer so then i would not have to pull the arm out to the pin it. The reason why i changed this actuator is that i had a 8psi one on and a boost controller turned it to about 15 but i want it to go to 15 on its own and then use the boost controller to make it go to 18. So i emailed tech at hahn and asked them. Should i try turning it the opposite way of what you stated?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search