couplte engine questions ... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
couplte engine questions ...
Wednesday, September 03, 2008 5:11 PM
ok i have a 96 2.2l cavalier im getting ready to rebuild...... getting it ready for boost im going for 10 psi ..i was just wondering if you all could help me out on what all i should get and accessories to be safe for a daily driver on 10 psi of boost i ran 5 psi on it last time and it was fine on stock but that isnt enough so i want to go for a little more now ... ?? ?

Re: couplte engine questions ...
Wednesday, September 03, 2008 8:21 PM
list of parts you have now?

fully built 2200-TO4E T3/T4-HP tuners-373hp @18psi
Thursday, September 04, 2008 6:22 AM
well as of right now i dont have anything for the new built all im useing off the old setup is the inter cooler and the blow off valve.. im going to go with a to4e t3/t4 turbo wel and i have a new obx fmu and im going to get a tial 38 mm wastegate but internal and accessories i dont know yet ?
Thursday, September 04, 2008 9:38 AM
wow......i think you need to put yourself into reverse a lil bit.

10 psi and tuning with what.....an fmu?

what about injectors? fuel pump? Spark control?

You need to have a real tuning solution, and some forged internals wouldnt hurt either.

Thursday, September 04, 2008 10:21 AM
yea i planned on getting injectors i have to do the top feed conversion and useing ford green tops .. i looked into mega squirt couple friends have that thats an opion... will an fmu be good for 10 psi? thats what i wanted to know is the forged and stuff what all internals i should i go with ... ? i know im going to be dumping some money into it so give me some option ?
Friday, September 05, 2008 12:21 PM
anyone
Friday, September 05, 2008 4:28 PM
If your going to just 10 psi i would not do interenals but w/e you want to do. A fmu - 10 psi might be pushing it alittle with a 12:1 . If your going built- boost 15 and go with hp tuners. All you need is a wideband to check the fmu.
Friday, September 05, 2008 4:32 PM
I ran an fmu w/ 15psi last year before hpt, actually I ran it for over a year. Stock motor. 15psi outta a t3/t04e 50 trim. It's just with the tuning that's available now I don't see any reason to do that anymore.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Saturday, September 06, 2008 12:48 AM
thats not bad at all ill prolly stay stock bore and put some new pistons in it and valves just have a fresh engine ... but that is what i have heard as long as its tuned right you will be fine i have an obx fmu and i was going to run an intank fuel pump i found im deffinatly getting a wideband is it easy to tune with a wide band ?
Saturday, September 06, 2008 10:11 AM
since you have a 96, id say drop in a 2.4 and build that for boost

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Saturday, September 06, 2008 10:52 AM
acctually i went and looked at a 2.4 yesturday lol my buddy has like 30 cavaliers in his yard ...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search