L61 Supercharged with HPTuners? or with GM Reflash? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
L61 Supercharged with HPTuners? or with GM Reflash?
Monday, December 29, 2008 5:27 PM
Okay i want to ask for some opinions here, once i install the Supercharger in my car, along with a dual pass end plate and a exchanger...

Should i tune with HPTuners? or just get it reflashed at a GM Dealer?
If i tune it myself with HPTuners, i will leave the stock MAP sensor in, and just adjust fuel and timing while using the wideband, OR i could get it reflashed with GM..

I have a innovate wideband already, which i will hook up when i install the supercharger, and i was wondering if i should tune with HPTuners and if it would be easy enough to do..

If anyone has a L61 supercharger kit installed and running well tuned with HPTuners, if you can post up your tune would be most definitely awesome!

My CarDomain!!! --- http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2543660

Re: L61 Supercharged with HPTuners? or with GM Reflash?
Monday, December 29, 2008 5:40 PM
you ran hpt with your turbo set up back when right?

Monday, December 29, 2008 5:46 PM
If you have to ask then you need to run the reflash.... Also doubt anybody who has put the time into their tune is going to just "give" it to you....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, December 29, 2008 6:43 PM
What happened to your turbo set-up. From the problems I remember you having I would say get the reflash.

FU Tuning

Monday, December 29, 2008 8:01 PM
I would think HP tuners would be the more precise route with a smart tuner, the GM reflash is kinda on the rich side

better than either of those, standalone like megasquirt

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 5:56 AM
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:If you have to ask then you need to run the reflash.... Also doubt anybody who has put the time into their tune is going to just "give" it to you....

it's not easy to do.
you ask the same question twice on either tuning or gm reflash.
i doubt anyone will give you their tune. all cars are different. the reflash isn't the greatest thing to use unless you are keepin the stock pulley.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 6:58 AM
I would say HP and pay someone who knows how to use it to tune it.

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Tuesday, December 30, 2008 10:34 AM
make your way to NJ lol. Or ship your car

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 7:04 PM
I guess it didnt post for some reason..

Well just to clear things up, i actually tuned my turbo car pretty good, the problem was the turbo, it was a journal shaft bearing and the turbo was bought used and the rings worn out, started leaking oil down the exhaust pipe, so i rebuilt the turbo, and the car stopped smoking for awhile but then started to smoke again after a month, so i give up rebuilding it..

What i should have done at that point is buy a new turbo for like $600 or so, but i didn't because i was worrying about college and the fact that im not shipping my car up, and i was debating whether to sell my car or not, so i ended up taking out the turbo kit and wanted to sell the car but ended up not selling it.. Now if i bought that new turbo, i would be perfectly happy with 250 horses right now, but thats gone..

The good thing is that i sold the entire kit and didnt have much of a loss.. and so far, the supercharger parts had only cost me $550 and i pretty much got all the major parts, all i need now is 10 ft of the 3/4" hoses, a radiator hose, a bunch of clamps, a supercharger gasket and a intake manifold gasket, along with some bolts, so im estimating to spend another $250 or less and i should be running fine on the supercharger.. Oh and i found a HPTuner and it is $500 so i might pick that up, dont worry about the sensor part, and start tuning my car..

So the Supercharger kit should cost less than $1500 and the turbo kit was over $3000, i dont know, im content

Sunday, January 04, 2009 12:11 AM
Lefix wrote:Okay i want to ask for some opinions here, once i install the Supercharger in my car, along with a dual pass end plate and a exchanger...

If i tune it myself with HPTuners, i will leave the stock MAP sensor in, and just adjust fuel and timing while using the wideband, OR i could get it reflashed with GM..

I have a innovate wideband already, which i will hook up when i install the supercharger, and i was wondering if i should tune with HPTuners and if it would be easy enough to do..

If anyone has a L61 supercharger kit installed and running well tuned with HPTuners, if you can post up your tune would be most definitely awesome!

I don't know if posting my tune would be the way to go since my setup is probably different than yours, but I did put some time into writing a how-to on tuning with HP Tuners and the Eco supercharger. And in case you're wondering if it actually works, I've been driving on it for probably about 60,000 miles now with no problems. If you have any questions, let me know.

How To: HP Tuners and GM Eco S/C, Fake 2.5 Bar
Sunday, January 04, 2009 12:55 PM
Lefix wrote:Okay i want to ask for some opinions here, once i install the Supercharger in my car, along with a dual pass end plate and a exchanger...

someone fill me in...whats the dual pass end plate? cause i am currently starting research on gathering parts to set up the aftercooler set up on my s/c ecotec

Visit me on Cardomain

Sunday, January 04, 2009 3:01 PM
Cheap, safe and fool proof = reflash.

If you plan to use aftermarket cams that need a higher rpm range or you really feel the need to try to milk every last bit of hp from your motor and don't mind paying the extra $$$ = HPT

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Wednesday, January 07, 2009 10:12 PM
^^^^^^

Completely agree!!

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Thursday, January 08, 2009 12:10 AM
i really hate the GM tune for the eco s/c , it has serious holes in the tune , and really needs a higher rev limit , 1st gear moves so dam quick , and the tach moves slow

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 12:26 PM
Thanks alot guys for the help!

John02, thanks for the write up and everything, that is a really good write-up, but supercharging isnt in the works anymore

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search