HELP... running rich - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HELP... running rich
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 6:57 PM
so i just got a m62 to on my LD9 and i did not touch anything else and now when it idols it miss fires and you can feel gas coming out the exhaust and i took it for a spin and i could go wot with AFR in the 12's? this is with stock injectors and no tuning done beside deleting egr and raising rev limiter.. im a new with boost so sorry if this doesn't make sense thank you for help.

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100

Re: HELP... running rich
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:25 PM
AFR's in the 12's is lean, not rich. You NEED larger injectors and a way to control them, Im sure they are maxed completely out as well. Stay off the throttle until you get more fuel in there.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:30 PM
ok thank you i have injectors and jmu ready another question is im only getting 5 pounds when i did wot and technic got 11.5 it said so any ideas on that would be great thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:34 PM

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:46 PM
what crank pulley are you running?

M90'd Built LGO-15 PSI
http://webstarts.com/quadper4mance
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:47 PM
underdrive off ebay

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 8:11 PM
and for those who are going to say 'omgz just run a stock crank pulley'. he cant. he has to run TWO crank pulleys bolted together in order for this thing to work. so he has two ebay underdrive pulleys bolted together so the setup will physically fit between the engine and the frame rail.

cody-are you still running the ho injectors? if not i would try those and get to learning how to use your hpt.

** edit ** wait.. run the damn msd injectors you have!!!!

PFFT secret cams?! pm me if you want a real upgrade.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 9:13 PM
z yaaaa wrote:and for those who are going to say 'omgz just run a stock crank pulley'. he cant. he has to run TWO crank pulleys bolted together in order for this thing to work. so he has two ebay underdrive pulleys bolted together so the setup will physically fit between the engine and the frame rail.

cody-are you still running the ho injectors? if not i would try those and get to learning how to use your hpt.

** edit ** wait.. run the damn msd injectors you have!!!!

So your saying a stock pulley is too large in diameter to fit?

Cody I would love to see pics of this setup. Im interested in it, but pics would also provide us more info on how to help you improve the setup and fix issues.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 9:59 AM
ok ill try and get some pics today warning its not the pretty site right now still have alot of cleaning up to do on it.

and for the stock crank pulley it has that lip on the outside and it hits the frame so i could bolt that in there. i was looking at a oversized crank pulley but there a little spendy.

and the msd injectors and fmu will go in as soon as i can get a laptop.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 10:04 AM
ur a/f should be 11.5-12 during WOT...14.7 when DD...also you should be running colder spark plugs, atleast 1 step colder, and 93octane gas

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 10:07 AM
got 2 step colder plugs and the best i can get here in town is 91

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:36 AM
91 should be ok, retard some timing to avoid knock and misfires though...

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 12:12 PM
alright thanks alot guys im going to get the lap top now to start some tuning

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:27 PM
ok lap top was a fail

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 4:26 PM
also add a bit more fuel thru out the powerband...get your a/f down to about 11.8 if possible...try avoid IDC higher than 95% though...general rule is 85, but 95 should be ok, if it gets higher than that...u may get static which will cause missfires and possibly knock...so add some fuel, retard some timing...

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 4:55 PM
alright im going to get laptop right now

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 6:44 PM
You dont need a laptop to atleast get an fmu going, but youll need hpt or atleast an afpr to get larger injectors to idle properly.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 7:44 PM
alright thanks i will do that right away ok dumb question i dont have cd for hpt is there anyway else i can down load it?

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 9:55 PM
alright so got injectors in and saw afr in 10s untuned so prolly start tuning tmrw it ran alot better to so anyone know where to get a smaller pulley from for m62

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:40 PM
you can go to hptuners.com and dl the newest version, just have your info ready to register

Thursday, July 16, 2009 4:37 AM
thanks.... got my fmu in this morning so all day today ill try and get this car tuned please leave your 2 cents on what you would change... i got retard timing and already added fuel so anything else please tell me thanks

Thursday, July 16, 2009 5:50 AM
u have any pics of ur set up.

Thursday, July 16, 2009 8:54 AM
ill get some with gf set up tonight

Thursday, July 16, 2009 9:01 AM
O_o so we asked for pics of set up and we are getting some of GF instead...sweet :p

Thursday, July 16, 2009 9:08 AM
opps lol ill get some of the set up with the g/fs camera

Friday, July 17, 2009 12:40 PM
ok i got hp but when i try to connect it says no COM ports are open any ideas?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search