Meth boost switch broke!? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Meth boost switch broke!?
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 5:21 PM
Well the other day I was going down the road dropped it into 3rd and put it to the mat. After I shifted into 4th I let off and the car sounded like I blew the exhaust off. Same thing that happened the other day at the track. Anyways, looked at my A/F, was richer than 10.0:1 then looked at my meth light and it was running wide open when in vac. Anyways, barely got the car pulled over and the car stalled, at this point I could hear the pump running, opened the hood and unplugged the power (module box). Anyways, then I plugged it back it and it was off. In neutral I stepped on it and the light came on and went back off so figured it was ok. Then the next day I had been driving on the highway for an hour or so and had to pull off for fuel. Checked the meth level and it was completely empty. I maybe made it turn on 3 times for a max of 5 seconds while passing a car. Anyways, I called snow performance and they said it sounded like the boost switch went bad. I ordered a new one and hopefully get it soon. Anyone else have this problem? I'm hoping that is what is wrong, but the part wasn't that expensive anyways.

Re: Meth boost switch broke!?
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 5:24 PM
a bad boost switch? nooooo

(dont tell wade)

Every time I scream "Release", I mean it, you know it. I feel the day. Black 7.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 5:27 PM
I had this happen as well. Had to order a new boost switch.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 7:21 PM
z yaaaa wrote:a bad boost switch? nooooo

(dont tell wade)

My problems were with the devils own switches though.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Friday, August 28, 2009 6:20 AM
You think maybe the meth in the compressed charge corroded the sensor?

My switching circuit reads the MAP sensor, so it's been pretty reliable so far.

2002 Cavalier 2200 5spd

Friday, August 28, 2009 9:03 AM
I ordered a new switch and problem solved. And it even fixed my problem of the kit shutting off between 4100-4700rpm. Works like a charm now. Apparently snowperformance changed their switches cause the older ones weren't very reliable.

Friday, August 28, 2009 7:22 PM
i just got a used stage 2 devils own kit. guy said the controller was having problems. what kinda price am i lookin at to replace/repair it if anyone knows?

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search