Oil Feed Line Material - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Oil Feed Line Material
Sunday, August 09, 2009 2:50 PM
I have been looking around alot at Lowes at all their brass fittings and such. They have compression fittings for plastic and copper tubing. Has anyone ever delt with or heard of using copper for the feed and return lines? Copper takes the heat and pressure. Of course there would be a rubber line actually going onto the turbo for vibration and such, but Running it from the engine back doesnt seem like a bad idea to me, the compression fittings yeild a leak free connection as well.

3400 SWAP DONE. 187WHP 212TQ (14.2 @100MPH NA) 240WHP 310TQ (N2O)

Re: Oil Feed Line Material
Sunday, August 09, 2009 7:07 PM
Are you fu<king serious....... Did you really go to Wyotech, or the instructors there teaching you just morons? Go ahead and use your copper or plastic line and see what happens... While you are at it, buy a fire extinguisher, you will definitly need it.... Why not just do it right and buy the correct AN fitting and feed lines?

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, August 10, 2009 9:36 AM
yeah, you need to get proper fittings and line.

Monday, August 10, 2009 9:53 AM
A custom feed line with the length and fittings you need from ATP turbo is dirt cheap...

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Monday, August 10, 2009 8:41 PM
check out my feed line solution picture - buy some good line from pegasusautoracing.com - all the line and fittings you will need.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009 11:52 AM
heavyclutch wrote:check out my feed line solution picture - buy some good line from pegasusautoracing.com - all the line and fittings you will need.
Off topic, but nice set up John! I would lke to see some numbers when you get it all done... Did you see my new setup?

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 12:02 PM
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:
heavyclutch wrote:check out my feed line solution picture - buy some good line from pegasusautoracing.com - all the line and fittings you will need.
Off topic, but nice set up John! I would lke to see some numbers when you get it all done... Did you see my new setup?

agreed

Sunday, August 23, 2009 7:26 PM
Phatcav and Benham - thanks for the comments. I'm certainly planning to post when I can get some numbers. I just posted another pic or two to my profile of the engine bay. I just need to put the fuel tank in, bolt on the FMU and run the intercooler piping. Then some exhaust and body work. I plan to get the car going October and tune.

Phatcav - I'm going to check your set-up out.
Sunday, August 23, 2009 7:35 PM
That is a sick new engine build ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000. Have you tuned already? What sort of numbers? Those are some big injectors! That's the one thing I was thinking might be a limitation on my build.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search