LEANS OUT - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LEANS OUT
Monday, March 01, 2010 8:07 AM
i keep having this problem, everytime i press on the gas the car keep leaning out and have a hard time keeping normal and if i try to accelerate just normal keep leaning out. what could be wrong????

Re: LEANS OUT
Monday, March 01, 2010 8:43 AM
Fuel pump perhaps?

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Monday, March 01, 2010 8:59 AM
but im running the stock pump and the msd inline, do u think i should change the pump?????
Monday, March 01, 2010 12:39 PM
Yes, when ur boosted your SUPPOSED to change the fuel pump. Well, if you want any kind of power that is.
Grab an MSD in tank, Racetronix Intake, or a Blazer OEM pump.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, March 01, 2010 5:00 PM
racetronics for the win. that would be the way to go
Monday, March 01, 2010 5:52 PM
How long have you been tuned, by who? If you have a booster pump you should be ok, but what is your fuel pressure? What is it leaning out to? When did this change?

FU Tuning

Tuesday, March 02, 2010 6:23 AM
i've been tune around 5months by HP Tuners, and it runs fine but as soon as i press on the gas and when it wants to boost it starts leaning out and after that if i let go of the gas it wants to settle but as son as i accelerate just enough to drive it,, the car leans out bad.
Tuesday, March 02, 2010 8:13 AM
Has it done this since the tune was put in? I am betting your tune is off...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, March 02, 2010 9:05 AM
no it happend after i install the turbo
Tuesday, March 02, 2010 10:29 AM
kanno15 wrote:no it happend after i install the turbo
So let me get this straight... It started leaning out after installed the turbo? Did you ever re-tune it after the turbo was installed?

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, March 03, 2010 5:10 PM
LOL! Hope you did!
If not I have seen alot of people boosting and running aftermarket fuel pump with stock fuel filter.

Make sure that your filter is clean, and that it can flow the amount of fuel required at WOT check out summits catal. for the specs and filter sizes

http//www.umods.org/drift.html
umods@live.com/ddiaz@umods.org

Wednesday, March 03, 2010 5:10 PM
LOL! Hope you did!
If not I have seen alot of people boosting and running aftermarket fuel pump with stock fuel filter.

Make sure that your filter is clean, and that it can flow the amount of fuel required at WOT check out summits catal. for the specs and filter sizes

http//www.umods.org/drift.html
umods@live.com/ddiaz@umods.org

Friday, March 05, 2010 9:49 AM
i was thinking about the filter and i bought a new one (stock size) do you know the part number??? or which one should be the correct one? i have 72lbs injectors, and the msd inline pump(external) . if changing the filter does not help im going to buy the walbro pump
Friday, March 05, 2010 3:47 PM
umm octane?....you got the cheap stuff in there?

my supercharged eco runs liek crap w/ 87

Friday, March 05, 2010 4:04 PM
You never answered my question....... Was the tune updated after you installed the turbo?

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, March 06, 2010 7:06 AM
QWK LN2 (aka ImPhat0260) wrote:You never answered my question....... Was the tune updated after you installed the turbo?

x2

Also why would you think of changing to another fuel pump? If you are already on a upgraded pump.

FU Tuning

Monday, March 08, 2010 6:28 AM
after working all weekend and changing fuel filter finally got it to work, the problem was that mi msd pump was connected with the stock fuel pump so the pump was not getting enough voltage. what i did was just connected direct with the alternator and a relay and ground from the chasis so now everytime i press the gas its running rich and better well better because before it was running lean so i think this is good, now just need to re-tune again
Monday, March 08, 2010 7:05 AM
oh and i use 93 octane fuel
Monday, March 08, 2010 7:59 AM

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, March 08, 2010 8:40 AM
lol i know but now works LD9 TURBO POWER
Monday, March 08, 2010 12:17 PM
Now get a good tune!

FU Tuning

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 10:20 AM
Glad you found your lean problem, now take our advise and go GET IT TUNED lol .

Windy City TurboZ
Friday, March 19, 2010 9:02 AM
after fixing my fuel pump on leaning problems i change stock my fuel pressure regulator for a adjustable fpr and that f%^# my fuel system again what would be the right fuel pressure for my 72lbs injectors????
Friday, March 19, 2010 9:22 AM
Fuel Issues...REALLY Could use Some Advice
Friday, March 19, 2010 9:45 AM
I believe stock pressure is 43.5 PSI at idle. Most after-market regulators come set from the factory around there, but not always. Also, if you switched from stock, you might have to re-tune after you install the boost-referenced regulator (and I assume yours is boost referenced). The line for the regulator should go to the manifold too, not anywhere upstream from the throttle body.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search