fuel rail dilemma - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fuel rail dilemma
Monday, August 23, 2010 1:30 PM
Ive been scouring the local yards for the past couple weeks for an 02 ecotec fuel rail to no avail. After soon searching on the internetz, I found that, except for the return line, the fuel rail is the same at the Cobalt SS rail. I have in my possession, a LSJ fuel rail. In my head, I feel I can drill and tap a return line on this motha sucka. So, I ask my brethren:

1. How much of a nut buster would it be to add a return line into the flat spot on the LSJ rail (same location as the 02 rail), by drilling and tapping?

2. What's the fitting size that screws to the line that goes by the head and do they make an NPT to this size adapter?

3. I would still need the lines that connect the lines that come from the tank and the rail itself. Anyone know part numbers? I tried the gmpartdirect catalog but no dice.

Re: fuel rail dilemma
Monday, August 23, 2010 6:09 PM
Richard Edmondson wrote:Ive been scouring the local yards for the past couple weeks for an 02 ecotec fuel rail to no avail. After soon searching on the internetz, I found that, except for the return line, the fuel rail is the same at the Cobalt SS rail. I have in my possession, a LSJ fuel rail. In my head, I feel I can drill and tap a return line on this motha sucka. So, I ask my brethren:

1. How much of a nut buster would it be to add a return line into the flat spot on the LSJ rail (same location as the 02 rail), by drilling and tapping?

2. What's the fitting size that screws to the line that goes by the head and do they make an NPT to this size adapter?

3. I would still need the lines that connect the lines that come from the tank and the rail itself. Anyone know part numbers? I tried the gmpartdirect catalog but no dice.

Typically people are trying to convert to the 03+ Is there a reason you are looking to go with the 02? If you are dead set on an 02 I have 3 I believe hanging out in the garage. Let me know.

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 1:09 PM
for the Cobalt SS injectors I have for my supercharger build
Tuesday, August 24, 2010 1:13 PM
The 03+ fuel rail that CaliforniaDomestics is talking about will work. You just have to modify it a little bit.

Also, to save you a bit of money. I have the part number for the 36lbs injectors that come with the supercharger kit, that fit into a jbody fuel rail with no mods. They are the same length as the stock ones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, August 24, 2010 1:18 PM

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 1:51 PM
I've heard yes and no on the 03+ fuel rail working. I didn't want to get up to my elbows on this install and run into a problem.
Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:03 PM
ok i can give u the part number to the correct length injectors, and sell you 3 of them. I have 3 from a kit i bought that was missing one. I have since bought 4 others.

here is the info you need.

GM 36 lb/hour injectors that come with the blower kit.

Part number 12593904
GMPD price $63.90

Like i said. I have 3 of these at my house. So if you want them i could sell you 3, then you could order 1. however you wanna do it. Or you could by the rail from CaliforniaDomestics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:34 PM

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:04 AM
If all you want is the rail and lines like I said I have three

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:15 AM
CaliforniaDomestics wrote:If all you want is the rail and lines like I said I have three

Where were you last month!? I had been looking for 02 lines for a long while on here
I ended up giving up and got one from an 02 alero from craiglook.

Also if you get used stuff its much cheaper. My SS injectors were 100 shipped 02 rail was 25ish lines were 60 shipped.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:18 AM
yeah i have a tendency to disappear off the forum for months at a time, sorry.......

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 11:02 AM
you can use an 03-05 rail. you just have to grind the big "blocks" off the mounting tabs and slot the bolt holes and your good to go. if you need pics let me know i could get off my ass and snap a few.

Thursday, August 26, 2010 8:41 PM
The screw fitting on the LSJ rail is 1/2 npt thread.

You do not have to drill to add a return off the LSJ rail. You can take the pulser thing off the other end (held on by 2 small screws). Then there is this that I have and works great, but kinda pricey. Atleast no drilling and it makes the fuel leave after the injectors not before. The fitting is just the silver piece. You would still have to buy a 3/8 NPT thread to what ever size line you are running.

http://www.ottperformance.com/store/pc/LSJ-Fuel-Rail-Fitting-9p22.htm

Saturday, August 28, 2010 3:20 PM
JUCNBST wrote:you can use an 03-05 rail. you just have to grind the big "blocks" off the mounting tabs and slot the bolt holes and your good to go. if you need pics let me know i could get off my ass and snap a few.
pics please i need to see this
Sunday, August 29, 2010 9:45 AM
another option with using the 03+ rail is spacing it out with machine washers. order some 1/2x7/8x14 gauge washers on the internet and place them under the injector cups. cost about $12 to order, but they work great. have had them on my car for 6 months now with no issues.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search