saab oil return and coolant lines - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
saab oil return and coolant lines
Monday, March 07, 2011 9:19 AM
does anyone have any pics on how they ran the oil return? i saw a post more boost for michigan... http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=364595&t=341077&p=1 and it just looks like the saab return just kinda sits in there wouldnt that leak? also where do you get the tee for the rad hose and the heater core... i didnt buy the saab coolant lines i bought a banjo fitting that has a 6an fitting to a 3/8 pushlock connector but i cant find anyone besides jags that run that have any coolant tees.. i plan on installing it this weekend or next...

Re: saab oil return and coolant lines
Monday, March 07, 2011 9:21 AM
The oil return does just sit there, put some rtv around it to form a seal too.
I'll get some pictures if I get to it this weekend.

Monday, March 07, 2011 9:39 AM
^ you shouldnt need rtv if you drilled the hole the right size, the oil drain has an o-ring on it that should fit snug in the hole, and when mounted to the turbo should "anchor" it into the block.

no clue on the coolant lines, i would say just go buy some brass fittings and make a t on the hoses going to the heater core.

Monday, March 07, 2011 9:48 AM
I make the billett coolant Saab tees for dumping back into the heater core lines and also for the upper rad hose for supply pm me for pics.

Monday, March 07, 2011 1:26 PM
i dont know how to do that pm stuff haha... ok heres a good ? does it matter which is the in and the out for the coolant or will it flow either way? im going to get some hard copper and use silver solder to make a tee.. my oil return didnt come with the oring so ill have to go get one.... all ill need to do is measure it so i can drill the right sized hole
Tuesday, March 08, 2011 8:55 AM
Rad tee is supply and mine dumps back into the heater core line. If you provide your email I'll email u pics of the billet tees I made. I can do the fairly cheap. The Saab ones are plastic and crack!

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 2:23 PM
i pmed you no idea if it worked..... i cant find any of the info i need on here so far haha
Wednesday, March 09, 2011 8:31 PM
No didn't work please email me at gmto2nr@yahoo.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search