compressor surge help - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
compressor surge help
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:31 PM
ok so i finally got the car driveable today and i blocked off the saab bov and was running an hks ssq and it surged bad... the hks was opening but it was surging while blowing off. so i put a knock off greddy on and it wouldnt even open so we adjusted it to where it was almost all the way out and it helped alot under full boost but if im under say 2 psi it still surges..... but by far the hks was terrible... sounded awesome tho.... any suggestions? someone said run the bov off the compressor but i will be running a mbc and i was told not to tee off the line with an mbc since it regulates the pressure going to the wastegate......

Re: compressor surge help
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:25 PM
If it helps, here is my setup.

Compressor ----> FMU/Pressure Regulator (have a rising rate, but acting as a 1:1 right now)

Intake manifold ----> tees off 3 ways.

1 ---> BOV
2 ---> Boost Gauge Line
3 ---> Electronic Boost Controller ---> Wastegate

Your boost controller should go directly to the wastegate. I have heard of some people running the wastegate straight off the compressor, but I have always taken the boost controller/boost gauge/signals from the manifold.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:35 PM
well im not running an fm... im running a line off the intake manifold to a vaccume manifold with 4 ports.... in a line it goes bov,boost gauge,fpr,vents.....im not running a mbc yet since its not tuned at all.... adjusting the greddy helped alot but i wanna run the ssqv... im gonna try to run straight off the intake manifold tom and see if that helps....
Thursday, March 31, 2011 6:17 AM
just run one line to the manifold to the bov, see if that works, if not....try the saab bpv it sounds pretty good too

Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:17 AM
well the greddy really helped now it only surges in vaccum or at barely any boost.. i know you cant adjust the hks... but i will but running as high as 18 psi so i dont wanna mess with the springs inside...and the stock bov isnt an option..
Friday, April 15, 2011 12:12 PM
you are planning on going with a different turbo? or are you going to try to get 18lbs out of the saab turbo?

how's the hp tuners going?

jason

Saturday, April 16, 2011 6:07 PM
i am running a ebay knock off tial bov. when i bought it and had it installed it was the biggest piece of sh!t ever. i reamed out the holes inside of it, trimmed down the spring, threw it back on, worked much better, took it off, trimmed down the spring again, installed it. it is by far the best blow off valve i have ever had and the best sounding. ive used two different blitz and a greddy. if i ever need to get one again, i will order a ebay bov again.

running rich? turn the boost up
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search