more saab ?s : wastegate - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
more saab ?s : wastegate
Saturday, May 28, 2011 9:25 AM
What plugs into that electrical connection on the wastegate? do i leave it unplugged to anything? and the other line off the wastegate, does that go to manifold pressure? so i will just put a T from it and the boost gauge to the manifold? or will i eliminate that whole plug and just go with a standard bov to manifold wastegate to compressor hsg...

Re: more saab ?s : wastegate
Saturday, May 28, 2011 10:20 AM
Not sure.... thats a electronic boost control solenoid for a saab, if going on a j body cut it off and run both to vaccum.

Saturday, May 28, 2011 10:41 AM
cap off the one on the turbo, take off the electronic part, and run a normal line from the wastegate

Saturday, May 28, 2011 11:35 AM
The wastegate just runs to an vacuum T? I thought you wanted it to be on the compressor housing or as close to it as possible?
Monday, May 30, 2011 5:45 AM
jason norwood wrote:Not sure.... thats a electronic boost control solenoid for a saab, if going on a j body cut it off and run both to vaccum.

^^ what he said, thats what it looks like to me. Run a normal vacuum line and T connect off it and you should be fine. Your pressure source should be coming from your intake manifold or somewhere its getting a correct pressure reading.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, May 30, 2011 1:46 PM
My vacuum setup goes from the nipple on the intake, tee to the fuel rail, onto a tee to the wastegate, and bov.

Monday, May 30, 2011 8:27 PM
why would anyone tee off the line from the compressor to the wastegate? just get a pice of vac hose run it from the wastegat to the compressor and dont tee it off.... the more stuff you tee off the worse off you will be...... ive already hit 22 psi with the saab setup the more you tee off the more little problems arise like boost creep and compressor surge...
Friday, November 08, 2013 8:03 PM
So the vacuum off the intake manifold is better then the one ion the compressor?
So i should cover the little vacuum off compressor with a nipple?

instagram: peru_stylez

Monday, November 11, 2013 9:20 PM
Pics diagrams lol
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search