Found slightly used ecotec eaton supercharger cheap. What will everything else cost? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Found slightly used ecotec eaton supercharger cheap. What will everything else cost?
Wednesday, June 29, 2011 6:49 AM
Hey guys I found a couple superchargers from the ss/sc cobalts slightly used and cheap. It is just the supercharger and pulley. What else do I need and how much will it cost me? I have a 2004 ls sport with the 2.2 ecotec engine.
Thanks in advance!

Re: Found slightly used ecotec eaton supercharger cheap. What will everything else cost?
Wednesday, June 29, 2011 6:51 AM
By cheap I mean $200 for supercharger with 40k on it.
Re: Found slightly used ecotec eaton supercharger cheap. What will everything else cost?
Wednesday, June 29, 2011 7:00 AM
Your going to need lowwer intake manifold, pulley tensioner, alt spacer, idler pulley, injectors, Tmap sensor, 6mm thread and 8mm shoulder bolts for the lowwer manifold to bolt on an L61 head., do some snooping around so your familiar with the swap and the few hard to reach items.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 7:28 AM
intake mani - $500
intake mani gasket - $15
supercharger gasket - $30
tensioner - $120
injectors x 4 - $200
TMap Sensor - $40
HP Tuners - $500
... so about $1400 give or take a little if I buy HP tuners?
Not bad at all.
Wednesday, June 29, 2011 7:58 AM
1400 is a nice turbo set up in my opinion!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 7:59 AM
your still going to need a throttle body adaptor, you can score injectors off the cobalt forums cheap. I got a set of low mileage 42lb/hr 's for 75 shipped. heat exchanger and pump, with hose and fittings..

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:36 AM
yeah I'd have to buy HP tuners with the turbo setup too. So take that $500 out and its $900, $1100 with the supercharger included.
Wednesday, June 29, 2011 9:56 AM
hmm someone just posted $300 for the supercharger, intake manifolds, and injectors... even more tempting. If I could just find that throttle adapter for a decent price that would put me around $600 total spent not including tuning...
Thursday, June 30, 2011 5:56 PM
there is way more too it then that. you need a belt, all the bolts, harness for the TMAP sensor, rubber hosing for the vaccum stuff, you have to slightly modify your coolant system. extend some wires. its not just parts.

Friday, July 01, 2011 5:08 AM
I know but that stuff wont be more than $100-150... I think I may have an answer to our L61 TB to m62 issue. They may be put back into production in the next 3-4 weeks. Unfortunately I cannot say by whom or share anymore info as it is against the rules of this forum. If this happens I will be supercharged for under a grand!
Friday, July 01, 2011 3:57 PM
a belt is 40 bucks online, the sensor is 40 bucks online, the harness is 20 bucks online, all the bolts i had to buy were 35 bucks. the adaptor will cost you atleast 200 is a reputable shop makes it for production. 10-12 feet of tubing for the heat exchanger is about 15 bucks, the adaptors needed for that cost me almost 20. just dont go into this thinking you can get stuff for the cheap. alost of this studff is pretty difficult to find.

Friday, July 01, 2011 3:57 PM
an upper rad hose could run you close to 120 bucks.

Friday, July 01, 2011 4:17 PM
EvoFire wrote:an upper rad hose could run you close to 120 bucks.

Gety Dayco hose 71850. Should be able to get from Advanced Auto. Cut some off and your good to go.

I do like the look of the LSJ hose, but the cost is not worth it.

FU Tuning

Friday, July 01, 2011 4:19 PM
quit trying to discourage the guy, it's one more guy trying to modify his j which is what this community needs. and at least he's doing SOME of the searching around on his own.

Friday, July 01, 2011 8:24 PM
I found the original instructions and part number list PDF. I have semi priced out everything. The only hard part to find was the throttle adapter, and that seems to be solved. Thanks for the encoragement bluecavy. I like the blue and gold scheme you got going on!
Sunday, July 17, 2011 1:15 PM
I now have the following:
m62
intake mani
alt relocation bracket
tmap sensor
ss/sc cobalt stock injectors

so far only spent $370.. The quest continues! Just a question the ss/sc injectors should work with my 2.2 eco correct?
Sunday, July 17, 2011 2:08 PM
I think you need the 02 ecotec fuel rail..

Sunday, July 17, 2011 2:24 PM
02 cavy fuel rail?
Sunday, July 17, 2011 2:32 PM
Yes....but you can also run washers to space the injector, grind down the fuel rail bolt tabs, or I believe its Jason Norwood makes nice spacers for the injectors.

Or just find a 02 eco rail and it bolts right up.
Sunday, July 17, 2011 7:05 PM
sweet i'll either try the washer trick or try to trade the lsj injectors for some that work on the stock rail. Thanks for the heads up guys.
Monday, July 18, 2011 5:17 AM
Quick question. I know the original kit from gm did not come with a heat exchanger. Can I run this supercharger for a couple months with no exchanger or should I just wait? What will my engine temps be?

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 5:33 PM
Just got the belt, mani braket, and tensioner. Only spent $450 so far! Just need the tune, tb adapter, coolant hose, and heat xchanger stuff and I'm good to go!
Wednesday, August 10, 2011 1:06 PM
I was gonna s/c my 03 cavy but going turbo instead. I have brand new never installed a ZZP stageIII heat exchanger,ZZP duel pass endplate,LSJ Bosh water pump,the resovore with the resovore bracket,wire kit for the pump,and all the hose,nuts and bolts thet you need for ur car.Its for an 03-05 Cavy with the s/c kit. If you still need this let me know and we will talk about it. Thanks
Wednesday, August 10, 2011 1:14 PM
Heres some pics if u want to look at the system http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/264tf.jpg/
Thursday, August 11, 2011 5:53 AM
Thanks for the heads up man. I might be interested in this if its still avail in a couple months. The price is kind of high for my budget at the moment.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search