M62 Heat Exchanger routing with Dual pass - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
M62 Heat Exchanger routing with Dual pass
Saturday, August 06, 2011 2:15 PM
Ok I'm posting to see how everone with a M62 and Dual pass has the routing of the hoses. Like are you running 2 hopse in and 1 out. Or 1 hose in and 2 out?

I know ZZP shows to do 1 in and 2 out.

FU Tuning

Re: M62 Heat Exchanger routing with Dual pass
Saturday, August 06, 2011 2:32 PM
Im 99% sure mine is 2 in and 1 out.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Saturday, August 06, 2011 11:05 PM

Thats how most do it^^ on css.net and it works well for them.

Saturday, August 06, 2011 11:09 PM
Crap, no edit, lol,

Obviously you'd not be using a stock Heat exchanger, so just eliminate that from the path.

Sunday, August 07, 2011 4:25 AM
Scorpio1 bishes... wrote:

Thats how most do it^^ on css.net and it works well for them.

That is exactly how We did it (except for the stock HE).

I have 2 friends with these setups. 1 is twin charged so he also has a intercooler. The other just M62.

The twincharged is claiming a 7 degree cooler temp going 2 in and 1 out, so that is why I posted to see if anyone else has done it, and results.

FU Tuning

Monday, August 08, 2011 6:05 AM
I really wouldn't know yet, my s/c stuff is sitting in a box next to my coffee table......

but from my reading on here and css.net it seems most people do it 2 out and 1 in.

I have my dual pass end-plate plumbed that way so I can do it also when the time comes.

Monday, August 08, 2011 12:56 PM
2 in 1 out is better it forces the out to accually absorb the heat

i would put the pump on the cold side rather then return it will prolong the life of the pump. the colder you keep the pump the longer it will last

JBO since July 30, 2001
Monday, August 08, 2011 2:53 PM
Not true, it doesnt really matter how long the coolant stays in the h/e. And actually the more coolant you can flow through it the more it will cool. The reason the cores have an outlet with a restrictor is to build pressure inside the core to increase the heat transfer coef between the walls and the coolant.

I have my pump on the cold side though. Mine goes, reservoir to pump to bottom of front mount h/e, from the top of the front h/e to the bottom of the intake, and from the top of the intake to the reservoir. That way the system can actually bleed.

If you run the dual pass with 2 in and 1 out you will not bleed the top cores and they really wont do much of anything.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Monday, August 08, 2011 6:05 PM
All I know is someone is getting 7 degree's cooler IAT's with 2 in and 1 out.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 2:24 AM
how the hell are you people running the dualpass with the lack of room we have!
my heat exchanger is from cx racing and it has inlet on one side outlet on the oppisite.
any help on how i can run this would be great as i have no idea

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 2:26 AM
I have prebent elbows and I plan on buying 1 more when I get my dual pass. The T and stuff will be off to the side.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 12:07 PM
i did 1 in 2 out with mine, the diagram from css.net is what i followed i believe. it has been a few years though so i do not remember. i sold Valid my car, so you can ask her to look for you or something

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Tuesday, August 09, 2011 1:05 PM
i also have the preformed elbows, just not seeing iot working out.
idk, im not to sure of myself on this blower @!#$, i should have stayed with turbochatgers

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 1:23 PM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:All I know is someone is getting 7 degree's cooler IAT's with 2 in and 1 out.

hearsay at its finest. i know people that have shown NO change in IAT's with the dualpass. I know people that have shown better benefits from a meth kit alone. I know people that said IAT's got worse with the dualpass and they added the meth kit to bring it back to where it was. Everyone is going to have a different experiance with it. so take it for what you will.

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 1:43 PM
EvoFire wrote:
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:All I know is someone is getting 7 degree's cooler IAT's with 2 in and 1 out.

hearsay at its finest. i know people that have shown NO change in IAT's with the dualpass. I know people that have shown better benefits from a meth kit alone. I know people that said IAT's got worse with the dualpass and they added the meth kit to bring it back to where it was. Everyone is going to have a different experiance with it. so take it for what you will.

Not hearsay. This person I know and will be tuning his car. I told him to switch from 2 in 1 out, to 1 in and 2 out because that is how I knew it to be. So he did and got the difference in IAt's. He switched back and forth. Only thing is and I'm waiting to hear back from him is I do not know if he changed the cores in the manifold as he switched the routing.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search