GM ECOTEC SUPERCHARGER KIT FOR L61 - Where can I buy for Cheapest Price? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GM ECOTEC SUPERCHARGER KIT FOR L61 - Where can I buy for Cheapest Price?
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:01 AM
Hey,

Bought the kit listed in the classifieds section, however the deal fell through. The kit was already negotiated for before I purchased it. Refund on its way. Too bad, was a great deal!

Now that I made a decision to buy a supercharger, I want one! The cheapest I can find the kit is $2450 at Crateengineerindepot.com. I would like to spend anywhere between $1000 to $1500 on this kit.

Anyone else trying to sell the supercharger kit???

Thanks!

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Re: GM ECOTEC SUPERCHARGER KIT FOR L61 - Where can I buy for Cheapest Price?
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:30 AM
Just called crateenginedepot, sorry not engineering and tried to negotiate on the price of the kit. He wouldn't budge. $2450 it is. As you guys know, they don't make this kit anymore so finding it is more difficult. You guys don't think the dealer would have it cheaper right??

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:58 AM
Piece it together yourself or find it used. I almost have mine pieced together with slightly used parts. I have spend $800 so far.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 8:39 AM
i saw this in my local craigslist..

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/pts/2565338914.html
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 4:41 PM
Thanks. I'm in Tampa too

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:00 PM
really piecing one together will be ur best best...join cobaltss.net. its where i got the parts from that i couldnt find locally. all together my "kit" was about 1400 bucks. with a few brand new dealership parts.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:22 PM
I have an almost full kit for sale right now. The only thing needed is the throttle body adapter which i just saw a company started making them for around 100 bucks. I only wanted 900 for the kit. Its posted in the Ohio regional forums if you wanna take a look at it.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:40 PM
Thanks evo. Hell yeah. Ill look right now

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:55 PM
Deejay.. PM'ed.

What do you guys know about this kit???

http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/parts-66/ported-mp90-supercharger-lsj-kit-259902/

Will this work on a L61??

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:16 PM
would work, would be more tuning work then a m62 though.

Thursday, September 01, 2011 3:38 AM
02ECOTECIMPORTKILLER wrote:Deejay.. PM'ed.

What do you guys know about this kit???

http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/parts-66/ported-mp90-supercharger-lsj-kit-259902/

Will this work on a L61??
If you're running E85 or a TON of methanol, it would be nice. On stricly pump gas, i think it would be a challenge to keep temps down...

Thursday, September 01, 2011 5:26 AM
Gotcha! Okay, does the following link below (Intercooler end plate) come with a supercharger kit or is it a must have?

I have the parts list of the supercharger kit, however based on pictures I am looking at on several kits, I cannot tell exactly what all is there. I need to know so I can decide how much more I need to spend getting parts...(TB adaptor LSJ to L61, alternator relocation bracket etc)..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170557917219&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Thursday, September 01, 2011 6:19 AM
This part is an upgrade from the "single pass" end plate that comes with the manifold from the factory. It is not a necessity, it is intended to aid in keeping temps down.

Thursday, September 01, 2011 7:06 AM
oldskool wrote:This part is an upgrade from the "single pass" end plate that comes with the manifold from the factory. It is not a necessity, it is intended to aid in keeping temps down.

Should be considered a necessity. I would go with the M90!

FU Tuning

Thursday, September 01, 2011 4:44 PM
Would love to go with the M90 but I don't know what is needed from the kit posted in cobaltss.net. Tried asking the guy but getting no where.

Thursday, September 01, 2011 5:15 PM
The ZZP heat exchanger:

http://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt_ion/products1.php?id=1097&catid=178

What else is needed to get this to fit and work on my L61? I;m sure whatever kit I buy, will not come with the stock heat exchanger. Don't even know what the stock one looks like.

Saturday, September 03, 2011 8:00 PM
to get the mp 90 kit to work you would need the lsj intake manifold.
I was drooling about that kit and i wish i had 1600 so i could have it.

horsepower is how hard you hit the wall, Torque is how far you push the wall with you
Sunday, September 04, 2011 6:42 AM
I bought a M62 Kit, albeit I need a few parts I"m sure. Adding New Dual Pass End Plate, S3 ZZP heat exchanger, 3.0 inch pulley. My LE5 manifold with only 500 miles on it will be up for sale. Look forward to installing this kit and tuning the car.

Finally Boosted....

Sunday, September 04, 2011 9:32 AM
No Longer Screaming wrote:
oldskool wrote:This part is an upgrade from the "single pass" end plate that comes with the manifold from the factory. It is not a necessity, it is intended to aid in keeping temps down.

Im not impressed with the dynograph, so i'll keep my Harrop(sitting in a box in the basement).

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Sunday, September 04, 2011 1:04 PM
Tinkles(Boost Face) wrote:
No Longer Screaming wrote:

Im not impressed with the dynograph, so i'll keep my Harrop(sitting in a box in the basement).

Harrop works also. Just install it!!

FU Tuning

Sunday, September 04, 2011 5:06 PM
Anyone have pics of their intake connected to the supercharger. Can I modify or use my current AEM CAI?

Thursday, September 08, 2011 10:35 AM
I'm glad I got in on the $1600 price from eBay for the kit brand new in box and free shipping when a dealership was having a huge blowout sale. I still remember logging onto eBay randomly and seeing that, I purchased it that night. That was October 2008, crazy how I've been boosted for almost 3 years now...

2005 LS Auto (Blue)
-M62 Kit with 3.1"
-ZZP S3 H/E setup
-Pacesetter armor coated header
-Magnaflow 22" resonator (p/n 10436)
-Vibrant CatBack
-TTR Upper and Lower motor mounts
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 3:56 PM
02ECOTECIMPORTKILLER wrote:Anyone have pics of their intake connected to the supercharger. Can I modify or use my current AEM CAI?

Guess I'm a little confused here. The factory heat exchanger is actually part of the intake so what are you asking?
I have a M62 and factroy heat exhanger with a Dual Pass kit off the engine which I can shoot some photos for you if you want. Just PM me or email me at rehaas@earthlink.net.
Thursday, October 13, 2011 12:57 AM
I got a complete kit, with addon's and hpt tuned ecm.....if anyone is still hunting...click sig link

Friday, October 14, 2011 2:16 PM
Bob Haas wrote:
02ECOTECIMPORTKILLER wrote:Anyone have pics of their intake connected to the supercharger. Can I modify or use my current AEM CAI?

Guess I'm a little confused here. The factory heat exchanger is actually part of the intake so what are you asking?
I have a M62 and factroy heat exhanger with a Dual Pass kit off the engine which I can shoot some photos for you if you want. Just PM me or email me at rehaas@earthlink.net.

not at all what he is talking about. I have the AEM CIA on my blower as teh intake tube. The elbow for the K&N intake kit makes the tube that goes into the fender a direct bolt on. lemme get pics.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search