fpr questions - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fpr questions
Thursday, November 17, 2011 10:13 AM
am I better off to get a fuel pressure regulator that replaces a stock on like the aeromotive lt1 part 13107

or should I get a aftermarket in line like the one rk offers?

what are the benefits and the negatives?

I am looking to boost a l61.

Re: fpr questions
Thursday, November 17, 2011 11:54 AM
get a bolt on on on the rail if thats the look you want, or get one to bolt somewhere else if thats the look you want. as far as pro cons, get a good brand and they should do the same thing.

Thursday, November 17, 2011 2:32 PM
ya that's what I was thinking. but with the inline it seams fishy you still have the stock one and it seams like you would blow a diagram or something would go wrong im just gonna do my original choice areomotive
Thursday, November 17, 2011 3:08 PM
Chris Gatti wrote:ya that's what I was thinking. but with the inline it seams fishy you still have the stock one and it seams like you would blow a diagram or something would go wrong im just gonna do my original choice areomotive

you would NOT use the stock regulator with and "inline" one. research a bit more, then make your choice. i have the aeromotive on my fuel rail and love the look and ease of using it.

Thursday, November 17, 2011 6:10 PM
Truthfully it depends on what you are trying to accomplish with the FPR besides the obvious of controlling fuel pressure. There is a plethora of different FPRs/AFPRs that cater to different goals. I suppose the question would be, what are you hoping to accomplish with an aftermarket FPR? Do you want it to be able to sense pressure? Do you wants it to sense vacuum and pressure? What ratio of increase are you looking for? Do you want it to be adjustable and if so, in what areas? There is a lot that goes into choosing the correct part that accomplishes your needs.

If you are planning to use HPT in the future then perhaps the 13107 will suffice but in that case so does the stock one. If you do choose to go with the Aeromotive make sure you check all the little allen bolts on it for tightness and blue locktite the lower rail O-ring fitting. I have purchased 4 (13107s) of these over the years for my various vehicles and every single one of them have been loose right out of the box Take my word for it the last thing you want is a leaking fuel system right above your starter

If you wanna go old school (I may date myself here on the ORG with this comment) then check out BEGI AFPRs. These were the greatest thing ever for us J guys years before HPT ever paid any attention to us. Still in my opinion the greatest AFPRs out there for boost sensing AFPRs. Good ol' Corky Bell.

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Thursday, November 17, 2011 6:41 PM
CaliforniaDomestics wrote:Truthfully it depends on what you are trying to accomplish with the FPR besides the obvious of controlling fuel pressure. There is a plethora of different FPRs/AFPRs that cater to different goals. I suppose the question would be, what are you hoping to accomplish with an aftermarket FPR? Do you want it to be able to sense pressure? Do you wants it to sense vacuum and pressure? What ratio of increase are you looking for? Do you want it to be adjustable and if so, in what areas? There is a lot that goes into choosing the correct part that accomplishes your needs.

If you are planning to use HPT in the future then perhaps the 13107 will suffice but in that case so does the stock one. If you do choose to go with the Aeromotive make sure you check all the little allen bolts on it for tightness and blue locktite the lower rail O-ring fitting. I have purchased 4 (13107s) of these over the years for my various vehicles and every single one of them have been loose right out of the box Take my word for it the last thing you want is a leaking fuel system right above your starter

If you wanna go old school (I may date myself here on the ORG with this comment) then check out BEGI AFPRs. These were the greatest thing ever for us J guys years before HPT ever paid any attention to us. Still in my opinion the greatest AFPRs out there for boost sensing AFPRs. Good ol' Corky Bell.

This guy knows his @!#$. my AFPR was installed at his house, and sure as @!#$ all the bolts and loose. did as he suggested above, and have had no issues ever sense. actually used the AFPR the other day to bump fuel pressure 4 psi to keep my "happy" with the gm reflash!

Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:05 PM
It's a shame you don't have my old beautiful Steigemier charger sitting in that engine bay to really take advantage of that Aeromotive. I imagine you're kicking yourself in the butt for ever parting with it........ This is charger season out here right now. She will live on some day I suppose with whoever has their hands on her now.

Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:24 PM
Eric has it...Ill buy it back from him someday. I just needed cash to finish the build...I already made a few offers to him...I need more injector before i worry about more air...unless i can bump fuel pressure more....what would be "safe" for me to take fuel pressure too at idle and at WOT?

Thursday, November 17, 2011 8:55 PM
Hit me up on PM so the thread isn't jacked

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search