What injectors available for ecotec? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What injectors available for ecotec?
Wednesday, February 08, 2012 10:02 PM
Im looking to make 300whp out of my turboed cavalier.. been a long time since I've been on and Im curious if anyone has came out with a decently priced injector for the L61, Last I knew there was Ford Green Tops(?) and I thinks Seimens made one but I think it would be overkill for what Im shooting for especially trying to tune with HPT.

------------------------------------------------------------

Re: What injectors available for ecotec?
Wednesday, February 08, 2012 10:32 PM
Any of the ford color tops will fit, but the greens are 42# and aren't gonna support 300hp. I run the siemens injectors and am happy with them. Good fit, and I think they're reasonably priced. I believe RC injectors also has some options that will work for us.
As far as size, assuming you adhere to the rule of not exceeding 80% max duty cycle, you'd need something in the 60-63# range, minimum, depending on what value you use as your BSFC. You'll also have to consider things such as what your rev limit will be. In this case, say you shooting for 300hp, 7k rpm rev limit, 63# injectors should be sufficient, though you won't have a ton of room to grow, if any. For comparison, I'm running 60# siemens on a m62 setup making less than 240, and have a ton of headroom once I need more fueling. Also like mentioned, you don't need to go overkill...for example, 80# injectors should support real close to 400hp, and are obviously way oversized for you...you'd be sacrificing economy, and from my understanding (I am NOT an experienced tuner), larger injectors are harder to tune, especially the lower fuel trims, and PE.

I'd check cobaltss.net, I see 60 and 63# siemens being sold dirt cheap all the time.

Search too, PJ posted a great thread a while back that had specific measurements for what size injectors are compatable.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 10:50 PM
03-05 fuel rails use 60mm oring to oring length fuel injectors iirc. You can use the shorter cobalt style injectors if you swap to an 02 eco ruel rail or grind off the blocks on the bottom of an 03-05 rail and slot the mounting holes. If your going to run the stock fuel pump your going to need a big injector. Now if you upgrade to a better pump like a racetronix pump with the harness upgrade you'll be able to use smaller injectors to meet your goal. My supercharger setup made 249whp with mid 30% duty cycle on a 42.5 lb/hr injector when PnP Tuning dyno tuned my car. I picked up my 42's for 100 shipped off cobalt ss.net.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 11:44 PM
EVILution (KGM Godfather) wrote:\ but the greens are 42# and aren't gonna support 300hp. \

sorry, not true... I made 323/285 on 42.5# injectors, Tuned by Ryan from P&P Tuning. He never goes above 80% on injectors either.

For 300hp, get 42's. 100% sure on that.

Thursday, February 09, 2012 4:30 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
EVILution (KGM Godfather) wrote:\ but the greens are 42# and aren't gonna support 300hp. \

sorry, not true... I made 323/285 on 42.5# injectors, Tuned by Ryan from P&P Tuning. He never goes above 80% on injectors either.

For 300hp, get 42's. 100% sure on that.

Yeah, guess I should have included that I'm assuming the OP is running a stock fuel pump since they didn't specify, in which case 42 won't cut it. With a racetronix (or similar) pump, then absolutely go with 42s.

Thursday, February 09, 2012 1:00 PM
Thanks for the info fellas- Im currently running a Walbro 255. Im gonna look for a set of the seimens injectors, thanks again!

------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, February 09, 2012 1:09 PM
cavmania wrote:Thanks for the info fellas- Im currently running a Walbro 255. Im gonna look for a set of the seimens injectors, thanks again!

with the walbro 255, yeah 42#ers would be plenty.

Friday, February 10, 2012 12:43 AM
ive been debating the final pieces of my s/c setup as well, and injectors and throttle body are among them.
if i go 42.5/lb injectors with stock fuel pump, after its tuned can i install the racetronicx Im looking at (W-body pump) with harness without requiring a retune?

also, does the throttle body matter on the tune? I really dont like the idea of relocating my battery to fit the LS1, so if i keep my L61 throttlebody with the 42.5/lbers and get it tuned, will i really see much of a difference vs the LS1 tb? if I get it tuned with the L61 tb and upgrade to an LS1 a few months down the road, would that too require a retune?

Im also not sure about the harness/wiring on the injectors. Some say get the harness and some say its not necessary. Can I just pick up the 42.5/lb injectors with the factory cobalt harness and have someone help me splice the wiring into the stock L61 fuel harness? is it that simple?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Friday, February 10, 2012 1:30 PM
More info is needed on running the delta injectors on a jbody.

You should get it retuned after the tbody swap.

Im going with some seimans injectors for my ld9. Ive been told I just need to slot some holes and use the harness. So splicing will be needed. Any clarification on this from someone with experience?

GMR has got nothing on this
Friday, February 10, 2012 3:01 PM
blu04DD wrote:ive been debating the final pieces of my s/c setup as well, and injectors and throttle body are among them.
if i go 42.5/lb injectors with stock fuel pump, after its tuned can i install the racetronicx Im looking at (W-body pump) with harness without requiring a retune?

also, does the throttle body matter on the tune? I really dont like the idea of relocating my battery to fit the LS1, so if i keep my L61 throttlebody with the 42.5/lbers and get it tuned, will i really see much of a difference vs the LS1 tb? if I get it tuned with the L61 tb and upgrade to an LS1 a few months down the road, would that too require a retune?

Im also not sure about the harness/wiring on the injectors. Some say get the harness and some say its not necessary. Can I just pick up the 42.5/lb injectors with the factory cobalt harness and have someone help me splice the wiring into the stock L61 fuel harness? is it that simple?

get the pump before you get your tune. JR Marks put the pump in and dropped 1 point of AFR just from the pump I believe.

cavmania... If I had not already sold my 42.5ers Ida sold them to you. Just make sure that you have the right length and what not.

Saturday, February 11, 2012 2:02 AM
but if i get a new pump, and run stock L61 tb + 42.5/lbers, what will be my limiting factors? will i be bottle necking somewhere on an M62 with the 3" pulley and ZZP S3 (and option B/dual pass)? Is it REALLY necessary without going to a smaller pulley to get 60/lbers and an LS1 tb? I seem to never really get a clear answer on whether the TB upgrade is that necessary or ppl just do it because its bigger and we can...either way its $100 for an adapter (L61 or LS1)

Saturday, February 11, 2012 7:54 PM
will the stage 2 cobalt injectors (PN#12599778, 42.5lbs) work on an 04 fuel rail okay? I keep hearing green tops etc, but someone on cobaltss is willing to sell me his stage 2 injectors with full harness for 55shipped

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search