People w/ hanh kit and profec b question - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
People w/ hanh kit and profec b question
Thursday, April 19, 2012 9:30 AM
If anyone has the hanh kit and using the profec b boost controller could I get some insight on what you have your high setting at to play around with on mine.

I had mine set then somehow my high setting got all screwed up and I forgot the values I was using. I was pushing about 13psi hi boost. My low boost is perfect at 8psi but need to get my hi back

Thanks in advanced

2004 Turbo cavalier 11PSI and blown!

Re: People w/ hanh kit and profec b question
Thursday, April 19, 2012 10:58 AM
Here you go sir...

INSTRUCTIONS

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:02 AM
Sorry for the double post but I suppose you may have the 1st gen and I don't have the ability to edit. I probably should have specified....

Instructions for 1st Gen Unit

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:47 AM
My bad but I do have the spec 2

Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:12 PM
If the low setting is working well just make sure all the values are the same as the "lo mode" the start adjusting the "set" up until you get back to 13 psi. Should be that easy!

To ajust the "set" just twist the knob to the desired setting and push the knob in once you have it set where you want!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 5:12 PM
Ok I got it to hold steady on my boost gauge but when i get on it befor it holds steady it peaks about 2-3lbs higher than what it's at at steady. Also the profec boost controller shows a higher boost than my gauge... Which should I go off? How do I stop this little jump?

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 5:15 PM
Also I followed instructions for trouble shooting the ebc with the problem but nothing is fixing it. Could something else be causing the jump of boost befor it stays steady?

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:17 PM
the problem your having is called a boost spike. you need to adjust the "set gain" in 2% increments until it stops. I would suggest starting out on 5% and go from there. the boost controller is displaying the amout of boost that is actually coming out of the compressor housing and your boost gauge is most likely displaying (depending on where you have your gauge tapped in at) the actual pressure at the manifold after the intercooler. sounds like your intercooler isnt as efficient as it can be and your getting a pressure drop. Mine does the same thing, i have about a 2 psi difference between the compressor and intake manifold.

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Thursday, April 26, 2012 8:18 PM
I really think the spike is coming from the internal wastegate, but keep messing with the "set gain" as stated above untill the spike settles, may never be perfect though.

Saturday, April 28, 2012 8:53 AM
I have the ssame set-up. Its been a while since I've messed with it. I run 8psi low / 11psi high. I will see what my settings are at and post them in a little while.
My car also has that spike that never seems to go away, its not as much as 2-3psi just .5-1 psi.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search