Phelonic spacers... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Phelonic spacers...
Tuesday, May 08, 2012 6:35 PM
Those of you supercharged guys that have the phelonic spacers.....

What studs did you use for your head? I dont have the stuff here to tap the head out to the m8 studs. What have some of you done to get them to work without re tapping your head or running the lsj head?

Re: Phelonic spacers...
Tuesday, May 08, 2012 6:49 PM
i just did mine the other day but i drilled and tapped the l61 and used LSJ m8 bolts and studs. i know that doesnt help you the phelonic spacer is drilled for the larger studs. id highly suggest upgrading because how are you going to keep it centre on the ports, i know once its in place and tightened down it wont move but if your not 100% you could block a part of the intake ports.

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 7:51 PM
OEM makes a spacer for us thats got the smaller holes.

Priggen how hard was it to re-tap the holes.....happen to have the drill and tap sizes in your head?

Also how did you handle the pcv port....assuming you used the zzp spacer?
Tuesday, May 08, 2012 8:43 PM
Master Carr has some nice shoulder bolts that work very well.

Error: Sig not found.

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 8:45 PM
I ordered shoulder bolts from McMastercarr. They are listed in the mp62master thread tht evolution put together. 6mm threads with 8mm shoulders, they worked great for me.

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 4:55 AM
I used the shoulder bolts until I installed my phenolic spacers. At this point I just drilled and tapped the head for m8...not hard to do, even in the car.

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 4:57 AM
Oh and just to add, the measurements in my m62 guide that JCNBST mentioned would not be long enough for the spacers, they are just for the manifold alone. They are 10mm and 60mm shoulders, then you would need to add on the thickness of the spacer to the overall shoulder length (if you go that route).

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 6:07 PM
Yah I think im going to do the tap route.....did everyone use the modified OEM spacer or the zzp one and modded it for the pcv??
Thursday, May 10, 2012 11:15 AM
I had a non modded one that I cut myself to accommodate the PCV...which I recommend just getting the pre-modded ones, lol, phenolic is a mess to cut without cut off wheels, etc.

Thursday, May 10, 2012 4:52 PM
The only reason I like ZZp's is it comes with the gaskets, studs and spacers for the lower mount.

I bet I can slot it a bit pretty easy with a dremel.
Saturday, May 12, 2012 9:35 PM
EVILution (KGM Godfather) wrote:Oh and just to add, the measurements in my m62 guide that JCNBST mentioned would not be long enough for the spacers, they are just for the manifold alone. They are 10mm and 60mm shoulders, then you would need to add on the thickness of the spacer to the overall shoulder length (if you go that route).

yeah i learned the hard way these were not the right lengths
i ordered them through Fastenal for $35 and then couldnt use them as they were too short.
I think i found bolts that fit by rummaging through a bolts bin..but still need to go back and put in properly threaded/length bolts.

I have both spacers, blower to manifold, manifold to head. keep in mind you also will have issues when downsizing belts/pullies because you're adding what, 16mm+ to the height.

I ended up having to fix the OEM ones because they were poorly cut and one was even cracked. also only got one gasket for one (manifold to blower i think) so i had to RTV the head to manifold one.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search