Good Boost Build For 1995 2.2 OHV L4?? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Good Boost Build For 1995 2.2 OHV L4??
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 6:00 PM
Anybody know of any good, consistent, and durable setups for the 1995 Cav 2.2 OHV L4 engine? I have seen a couple on youtube, but they use ebay kits. Very rarely do they use Hahne, or any kind of suggested top brand turbo setup. I know that Hahne offers a stage 1 and stage 2 kit. I would go stage 2 since the stage 1 kit is only made to run a 5psi application. That is little - no boost at all. I want stage 2 to run 8-9 lbs of boost on it. I just need a good idea of what supporting mods to use. Correct me if I am wrong and give me advice, but I was thinking about running a colder plug like a step 7 plug, 10mm cables, a camshaft with a semi-mild grind, some eagle H-Beams or X-beams IF they make them, etc. Any good manufactures anyone knows of for pistons, valves, springs, retainers, seats? And should I upgrade the crank? Any and all feedback is appreciated. i want around 175-190 WHP but I want it to last a LONG time too. I dont want it to run for a week and then blow. Thats a waste of money. Thanks all.

Re: Good Boost Build For 1995 2.2 OHV L4??
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 6:14 PM
Lol,

Look into tuning before, that makes a lot of people give up on that year.. I had a 95 set up with a standalone ecu and built motor and big turbo, I gave up and went eco

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search