Identifying the GMPP M45 310cc injectors.... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Identifying the GMPP M45 310cc injectors....
Thursday, September 20, 2012 7:32 PM
hey guys you all know ive got tons of parts lying around well over the years i acquired some injectors that ive always thought were the m45 kit 310cc's... well, id like to make sure they are so i dont blow my ish up when i install the blower lol

the way i see it... stock has 5 (smaller) holes in a star pattern in the center of the injector. these others im assuming that are the 310's have 4 (larger) holes in a square pattern in the center of the injector. they look identical to the other ones only difference i see is these holes for the spray pattern.

that correct?

also, anybody know what the max output is on these things? right now i have the unorthodox UD crank pulley on and the 2.5" snout pulley on the blower. hoping to be close to what a 2.7 or 2.8 snout pulley would be as far as boost goes.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.

Re: Identifying the GMPP M45 310cc injectors....
Thursday, September 20, 2012 9:01 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:stock has 5 (smaller) holes in a star pattern in the center of the injector. these others im assuming that are the 310's have 4 (larger) holes in a square pattern in the center of the injector. they look identical to the other ones only difference i see is these holes for the spray pattern.

that correct?

Yes, that would be correct

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Friday, September 21, 2012 8:04 AM
I should look at my 310s...

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, September 21, 2012 9:35 AM
I can look at the set I have in my toolbox drawer tonight if you want Brad.

As for fuel - not sure. I keep watching GMSC injectors clip pretty bad at high rpms on boost levels over 6-7 psi. I've also managed to tune a car with 8 psi on the GMSC and secret cams and it had enough fuel to redline. I find those injectors are very hit and miss for fuel.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Saturday, September 22, 2012 6:23 AM
part number????

FU Tuning

Saturday, September 22, 2012 7:16 AM
^^^ yep. i checked they are the right number thats in the book. shoulda just did that in the first place. my bad.

they must be right cuz i beat the ever living piss out of it last night and it didnt blow up so.. hehe

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Saturday, September 22, 2012 8:49 AM
I used 310's with a stock flash, and stock crank pulley back in the day for around 30K... You'll be safe.

Unless YOU mess with the tune in a bad way.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:58 PM
well im seeing a 98% duty cycle on these poor 310's. i just purchased the gmpp stage 2 LSJ 48# ones for it though so those should help. meth kit will also be along shortly. then i can put the OS crank pulley on and finally play with the big boys LOL

only seeing 147kpa (6.6) so im kind of wondering why they are so maxed out. i know its running rich though, tail pipe and plugs are jet black. does having the blower ported make that much of a difference in the boost levels?

Thursday, September 27, 2012 5:40 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:well im seeing a 98% duty cycle on these poor 310's. i just purchased the gmpp stage 2 LSJ 48# ones for it though so those should help. meth kit will also be along shortly. then i can put the OS crank pulley on and finally play with the big boys LOL

only seeing 147kpa (6.6) so im kind of wondering why they are so maxed out. i know its running rich though, tail pipe and plugs are jet black. does having the blower ported make that much of a difference in the boost levels?

remember it is less about psi and more about cfm.

I saw around a 1.5 psi drop when my blower got ported. Also the hotter the air the less molecules.

FU Tuning

Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:32 PM
right but im on 2.5 snout... youd think itd do like 8 or 9 psi if the OS crank is getting people up to 11-15.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search