really high idle on supercharged m45 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
really high idle on supercharged m45
Friday, October 12, 2012 9:59 AM
just installed m45 did everything your post to start it up the first time and acts like am hitting the gas pedal to the floor

Re: really high idle on supercharged m45
Friday, October 12, 2012 10:04 AM
Sounds like a vacuum leak. Did you make sure the intake manifold surface and the engine surface were clean? Torque the bolts in the correct order and specs? Use a new gasket and not a used one? Disconnect the IAC and get a can of carb cleaner and with the engine cool start it up and spray it around the suspected areas for leaks. The idle will change sometimes even kill the engine if its bad enough.
Friday, October 12, 2012 12:44 PM
What tune is on it, and what injectors are in it.

Friday, October 12, 2012 1:38 PM
Also check your idle set screw. For some reason mine kept wiggling its way out resulting in a high idle. I tightened it way down and never had a problem again.

Friday, October 12, 2012 4:22 PM
Is your throttle cable seated properly on the TB?

FU Tuning

Saturday, October 13, 2012 12:33 AM
yeah Im betting this is just a vacuum issue. Austin had this with his s/c cavy and If im not mistaken it was the throttle body or the bypass valve or something stupid that we both over looked for hours.

how do you have al your nozzles connected/plugged? like mentioned, just start spraying cleaner all over and when it tries to die you found your leak.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Sunday, October 14, 2012 8:52 PM
took the supercharger off i think i forgot the gasket if there is a gasket that sits there beside the o rings and i went by the installation manual bought the kit used with almost everything i think it was vac leak maybe or could be something else dumb and i tired unplugging this hoes to hoes . it was not the tb first thing i though of. start the car and the rpm's would go to 7000 ever time no change let sit for a few seconds and turn the car off. i didn't want to blow my car up.. i did switch ecu's with a reflashed same year everything did the relearn colder plugs.. swiched injectors and plugs gaped a .50 when installing sc and anymore ideas am stomped
Sunday, October 14, 2012 9:45 PM
what about the throttle body spacer/adapter...any chance you have a vacuum port left open on the bottom side where you cant see? or a vacuum line unplugged elsewhere (like to your boost sensor) or something?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Monday, October 15, 2012 4:33 PM
travis haberko wrote:took the supercharger off i think i forgot the gasket if there is a gasket that sits there beside the o rings and i went by the installation manual bought the kit used with almost everything i think it was vac leak maybe or could be something else dumb and i tired unplugging this hoes to hoes . it was not the tb first thing i though of. start the car and the rpm's would go to 7000 ever time no change let sit for a few seconds and turn the car off. i didn't want to blow my car up.. i did switch ecu's with a reflashed same year everything did the relearn colder plugs.. swiched injectors and plugs gaped a .50 when installing sc and anymore ideas am stomped

Im not trying to be an ass but damn man can you try to make this easier to read. you lack of punctuation and proper grammar make helping you very hard to do when we cant understand the post.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search