EGR vacuum solenoid.. - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
EGR vacuum solenoid..
Friday, November 16, 2012 9:34 AM
Have a quick question.. My check engine Light has been on for the Longest time. recently,I changed my intake manifold,throttle body gaskets.due to the way the harness was ran.i had to unplug some of the plugs.which included the EGR vacuum solenoid. changed the gaskets,plugged everything back in,so after all that. noticed my check engine light went off. this morning while tinkering under the hood.I noticed that I forgot to plug in the EGR plug back in. so now the check light is back on. so,question is. why would the check light go off when it is unplugged, but come back on when it is plugged in?
should'nt it throw a code when it is not plugged in? is the EGR necessary on a Boosted car.. btw, my car is a 2001 2200. (I do not know much about the EGR vacuum solenoid) please no nasty comments please.. Thanks Nick..

Re: EGR vacuum solenoid..
Friday, November 16, 2012 1:56 PM
I'm not 100% on the 2200, but I know on the LD9's GM stopped using EGR valves in 99/00, so I'm thinking it is the same on the LN2. What code are you getting?

FU Tuning

Re: EGR vacuum solenoid..
Saturday, November 17, 2012 9:13 AM
How does the plastic line look? When I had a code on the 2200 I used to own turned out to be a small crack in the line going to it. Quick trip to the yard handled that.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search