Car stubling on acceleration - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Car stubling on acceleration
Monday, December 03, 2012 8:10 PM
I got a 01 2.4 supercharged cavi. The car is stumbling real bad when you accelerate. It seems to fall on its face it was doing fine got to a stop light and started doing it. It's not misfiring I was looking at the data while it does this on the tech 2. Have no codes. First thing I checked is for back pressure from the exhaust and got to the point that took the cat off and it still does it. Has good good compression on all for cylinders was at 220 -225. Looked for a possible boost leak found none, smoked supercharger with nitrogen smoke we use to look for evap leaks.. Have replaced plugs, ignition coils and housing as per common ignition problem on ld9s and no luck. Fuel pressure is steady at 55 psi doesn't drop, performed injector pulse test with tech 2 found it to be ok supercharger seems to be pulling air in fine . It idles fine no problems till you bump it... And ideas will be helpful

Re: Car stubling on acceleration
Monday, December 03, 2012 8:25 PM
Does it act up when the engine is cold?

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Tuesday, December 04, 2012 3:44 AM
Does it both cold or hot, been working or trying to figure out what's going on when its mostly cold
Tuesday, December 04, 2012 3:36 PM
is the 02 sensor working good?

Need a wideband to really see what the motor is doing when this happens.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 11:35 AM
What did you do the days or weeks leading up to this issue happening 'all of a sudden'?
I worked my ass off trying to pinpoint a misfire, and it was simply an injector connector wire that pulled apart when I removed the fuel rail and didnt notice. But i kept telling myself 'this just started all of a sudden after running perfectly fine!'...when it wasnt..i 'forgot' i had pulled on the fuel rail a little had and stretched that wire..not thinking anything of it.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Wednesday, December 05, 2012 5:00 PM
@ addicted to meth the 02 seems to be working correctly last we checked looking at the data but I don't remember the numbers on top of my head ill watch them tomorrow don't have a wideband unfortunately

@blu04dd the only thing I had done about 2 weeks ago is replace my spark plugs and the ignition coil housing due to having a misfire... but after when I had it towed to the shop and was checking it out I did notice my cylinder 3 spark plug connector to be backed out plugged back in didn't do a difference I perform injector pulse width and they were all working
Wednesday, December 05, 2012 7:57 PM
It's really not possible to tell what the O2 is reading if you don't have a WB. The narrowband is just about as good as a shot in the dark.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search