Supercharger kit 2.2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Supercharger kit 2.2
Friday, March 01, 2013 1:17 PM
http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/p/610-2-2-2-4L-Bolt-on-Supercharger-Kit.aspx

Will this kit work for my 03 2.2 eco without any issues. It is not a option and i want to make sure it would be compatible.

Re: Supercharger kit 2.2
Friday, March 01, 2013 1:25 PM
Everything will work but you're going to need to figure out tuning on your own. Make sure you don't pay for their PCM (it's an option) since it's not for a J. You'll need to either custom tune with HP Tuners on your current PCM or track down a GM Reflash PCM. They come up for sale in the classifieds here all the time. I think you may also need to find the 2.5 bar Tmap sensor we use as well.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, March 01, 2013 1:29 PM
Actually after reading the description some more there's a lot of problems. For one it comes with 40 lb/hr injectors so the GM Reflash is out the window, you'll have to custom tune. I'm not sure on the throttle body but I'm guessing it's also different.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, March 01, 2013 1:46 PM
I planned on going with the stage 2 and getting 60 lb/hr injectors. I could always go with the ls1 TB if it doesn't work. I wanted to use Trifecta since i don't really know someone who can tune my car with HP tuners.
Friday, March 01, 2013 1:57 PM
You're gonna pay about $1000 too much going that route. Keep an eye on the classifieds here and on cobaltss.net. Should be able to get a complete kit for a little over a grand, or one with some beefed up cooling mods, etc for closer to $1500. Of if you wait it out a bit you should be able to find a great deal. When I got my m62 kit, the seller practically gave it way.

Here is everything you need to know about fitting the m62 to our cars, part numbers, bolt sizes, upgrades, etc

Friday, March 01, 2013 2:06 PM
Alright i appreciate it, that link will be a lot of help! Wish me luck
Friday, March 01, 2013 2:44 PM
Get the manifold shoulder bolts from McMaster Carr. Much nicer to deal with than Fastenal. Rest of the bolts I got from Ace Hardware. Make sure to get them all in Grade 10.9 or above. Also worth it to get prebent 90's for the manifold to clear the rad fan. You'll probably have to move the rad forward a bit (just two bolts move forward and tighten). Just a couple small tips.

Friday, March 01, 2013 3:46 PM
I had no problem with Fastenal...they were able to get them in store the next day instead of having to wait for McMaster to ship out. MSC is also a good source for specialty hardware.

Friday, March 01, 2013 3:52 PM
x2 on MSC. They have a lot of good stuff.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, March 01, 2013 4:42 PM
I went to the local Fastenal store and put an order in for them three different times and they never put my order in. They'll never get my business. Called McMaster and got em same day.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search