could some help me with what injectors to use with my 99 cavi 2.4 with a m45s/c - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
could some help me with what injectors to use with my 99 cavi 2.4 with a m45s/c
Wednesday, August 07, 2013 12:10 AM
I have a 99 cavi 2.4 ld9 I have everything working on the car just fine just have not tuned it yet I need to find out what injectors will work the best they have to be hi impendance
I have been told not to use the low one`s because they have a @!#$ty spray pattern(they poor rather then mist)!
and I am trying to stay away from rc`s but if I have to I will use them but need a part number or a name of a good injector!
thx..

Re: could some help me with what injectors to use with my 99 cavi 2.4 with a m45s/c
Wednesday, August 07, 2013 3:42 AM
I would GM M45 Supercharger injectors made for the kit. Also, How do you plan on changing the injector constant to get the car to even idle correctly?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Re: could some help me with what injectors to use with my 99 cavi 2.4 with a m45s/c
Wednesday, August 07, 2013 10:40 AM
There is nothing wrong with either RC Engineering injectors or low impedence injectors... In fact I have run 1000cc RC Engineering Low Impedence injectors on Sweetness and the car ran just fine.

As mentioned by Mike - go with a set of the M45 injectors that came with the kit, or go with some 42 lb high impedence injectors.

Regardless you're going to need to have the injector constant changed and as you mentioned have the car tuned.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Wednesday, August 07, 2013 4:47 PM
I used 37lb Lucas injectors on when I had my supercharger.

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Friday, August 09, 2013 2:54 AM
LSJ's work great. PS, have a spare set hanging around
550cc RC's would work even better if you plan to upgrade later/ PS, have a spare set of those as well
Both of them are high impedence.

Friday, August 16, 2013 9:38 PM
I'm pretty certain if you have a high or low impedance driver for your injectors you better stick with that set-up or your injector control may be garbage and you could burn up a high impedance setup with a low impedance injector unless you have resistors run with the system. Check out an article and save a headache.

www.hotrod.com/techarticles/hrdp_1211_low_impedance_vs_high_impedance_fuel_injectors/

How much boost you plan to run will tell you what injector to go with....if you're using a RRFPR you could get away with a smaller injector, but I'm a turbo guy so that may not apply if you're not running that type of set-up. If you're boosting all day long I think a right sized injector will do better for you particularly with the GM tune and 2 BAR map sensor. RC's website has some calculators for injector sizing, but I'm sure other guys can give you reference for their boost level and injector size.
Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:22 PM
me and john higgins ran/run the LSJ stage 2 injectors. they are 42# and are completely plug and play. at least with 00-02 they are.. dunno about 99.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Tuesday, August 20, 2013 5:02 PM
They are plug-n-play on 99 j-bodies.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, August 23, 2013 2:51 AM
You have to modify the fuel rail to fit the LSJ'S. not too hard at all though.

Friday, August 23, 2013 10:57 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:You have to modify the fuel rail to fit the LSJ'S. not too hard at all though.

i dont know how tall you would need but they make these neat little cups that extend the length of the injector. i got them with my plug n play 60# 5.3 truck injectors.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search