anybody ever tried it? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
anybody ever tried it?
Tuesday, December 31, 2013 5:20 PM
Stock cobalt ss m62 mani modified to bolt to a ld9 head? Weather it be cut and weld new flange on or drill bolt holes that match up to our head and use a phenolic spacer to bridge the two? Just wanted to know if anybody has tryed this or not think it would be a easy way to have a better blower option for the ld9/quads than a full custom set up.

I Love My J ♡

Re: anybody ever tried it?
Tuesday, December 31, 2013 5:46 PM
Nobody has tried it but cant see why it couldnt work. I know someone put a 2.3 intake mani on a eco before.
Tuesday, December 31, 2013 9:21 PM
Philly D wrote:I know someone put a 2.3 intake mani on a eco before.

I remember seeing this as well. From what i recall they aren't horribly different.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, December 31, 2013 10:26 PM
someone on the .org is running an m62 on their ld9. Pretty sure he had a custom mani built though.
Wednesday, January 01, 2014 8:04 AM
Im sure you could swap flanges but two things to consider. 1. Will the pullies line up so you are not throwing belts all the time. 2. You will need some meaty welds since you cant get around each runner the way the manifold is cast. So it would be easier to put an ho intake on an eco flange than an mp62 lowwer manifold on an ld9 or quad flange in my opinion. However I would love to see someone proove me wrong.

Wednesday, January 01, 2014 8:12 AM
^With that in mine it might be easier to leave the eco flange on there and then mount the 2.4 flange on that so that you can move it side to side so everything lines up and then port the eco flange to the 2.4.

If that makes sense the way I worded it.
Wednesday, January 01, 2014 12:06 PM
or cut up a stock LD9 intake mani and use the plastic flange... just port match it to the eco manifold.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Wednesday, January 01, 2014 12:32 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:or cut up a stock LD9 intake mani and use the plastic flange... just port match it to the eco manifold.
light bulb on haha i deffanitly think it would work easly plus you could have options like the tvs 1320 bolt on affair but its just a idea i been tossing around im sure it would be cheap to source all the stuff if you can get the belt lined up but i dont see that bring a huge issue both 4 cyl and j body power plants im sure it would at least be close enough to make adjustments but deffanitly going to research it some more just figured i would throw some ideas around

I Love My J ♡
Wednesday, January 01, 2014 12:56 PM
i own an M62 manifold, from what i see the eco ports are closer together than an LD9's. that is definitely something that will need addressed.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Wednesday, January 01, 2014 7:17 PM
I figured there might be some slight differences in port placement and belt alliginment but all easily adressed issues in my eyes like you had said previously the ld9 stock plastic flange could be used as a go between and ake things match up or even a aluminum plate made that can be bolted to our head and have built in studs for the eco m62 mani to slide over and be nutted to with the ports on it made to smooth the transision and alliginment exc. Oviously thickness of this said spacer would be held to a minimum for clearance between blower an upper tie bar. Damn i wish i had cnc equipment i could have loads of fun making and expetimenting with parts

I Love My J ♡
Wednesday, January 01, 2014 7:44 PM
One area that may cause issues though is with the fuel rail and actual head.

The head design on the eco is alot different. I can see the way the 2.4 head comes out from the flange surface to cause issues. On the eco the blower is very close to the fuel rail.

Only way to do it is to have everything there and try it to see if itll fit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, January 01, 2014 7:44 PM

Thursday, January 02, 2014 5:10 PM
Well im going to the yard saturday again to pick up a gear and a set of 95 2.3 cams and there are a few eco cars there so ill do some compairing tose how things sit but i plan on buying all the stuff this year and trying to get it fitted and going 2014 brings good things for my little gem

I Love My J ♡
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search