Has anyone bought exhaust from here? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Has anyone bought exhaust from here?
Monday, January 20, 2014 9:32 AM
Been looking at exhausts, found this site, http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com/servlet/the-235/95-dsh-05-CHEVY-CAVALIER--fdsh-/Detail ,they make a full mandrel bent system in 2.25 2.5 or 3 inch I'm curious if you guys think the 3 inch system would fit with a sportline drop, I'm thinking no and that it won't fit over axle, but all the searching I've done seems torn, many people have done it but other say it just won't fit. To be fair tho I'm assuming most people go to a custom exhaust shop, so what's your guys opinion on this system? Thanks

Re: Has anyone bought exhaust from here?
Monday, January 20, 2014 9:51 AM
I have the 2.5"

It fits ok but I wouldnt call it a true "bolt on" Mine needed some tweaks and such to make fit but overall wasnt bad.
Monday, January 20, 2014 10:16 AM
What kind of tweaks? If you don't mind me asking, I'm just trying to decide if it would be easier to let a shop bend up a custom one rather than modifying something else to fit
Monday, January 20, 2014 11:28 AM
3" will have the exhaust rattling against the rear axle if lowered more than an inch and people are in the back.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, January 20, 2014 11:55 AM
That's what I thought kinda sucks but I guess 2.5 will do, you think that will have any rattling?
Monday, January 20, 2014 4:15 PM
I have no rattles. Im lowered prolly 3".

The main reason mine needed tweaks was because I put a huge resonator under the car.
Monday, January 20, 2014 4:59 PM
thats good to kno, I was planning on buying the same 2.5 system for my turbo build.

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Tuesday, January 21, 2014 3:57 PM
i bought my 2.5" system fromm overkill but it came from there,
Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:16 PM
I have the full 3 inch kit from them. It fits great on my 01 sedan, even over the axle. There are some pictures here towards the middle of the page.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=180283&t=180283&p=14

I have yet to take the car on a long ride as it is not tuned yet, but I haven't heard it rattle or anything. I used this a "base" and extended the pipe with no muffler and used v band clamps. When i got it, it was perfect for my application, however if youre expecting a bolt up system, you will need to weld on the flanges and hangers as they are not welded onto the pipe originally. They are given to you, but in a separate box. Other than that, this kit was great, especially for the price.

XtremE2200CaV: The Build has Begun
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3864109/2001-chevrolet-cavalier-sedan-4d
Monday, February 03, 2014 11:17 AM
I had CustomTubes 3" on my Z, with Sportlines, no problems.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search