Need help with catch can install. - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need help with catch can install.
Monday, January 20, 2014 6:19 PM
Hello All.
Hope everyone is OK. I have decided to get an oil catch can for my boosted 2001 2200.I have been searching for the past couple hours trying to figure how to install it, but, have came up with very little info to help me understand it. I kinda do better with pics than reading. so, if anyone could help me it will be greatly Appreciated! I am tired of cleaning oil off my valve cover and All.
Thanks alot!

Re: Need help with catch can install.
Monday, January 20, 2014 7:54 PM
Hose from valve cover to catch and other hose to inlet on turbo/intake tube.

Make sure to buy a catch can with a baffle system. Not one of those ebay specials that is a empty can.
Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:06 PM
Philly D wrote:Hose from valve cover to catch and other hose to inlet on turbo/intake tube.

Make sure to buy a catch can with a baffle system. Not one of those ebay specials that is a empty can.

Exactly what he said. 100%

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 3:08 PM
Thanx guys for the help! that is what I will do. sounds simple.
Nick
Wednesday, February 05, 2014 8:30 AM
or you can buy a cheap ebay one and fill the inside with baffle materials and or steel shot/shavings.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Wednesday, February 05, 2014 8:56 AM
^Those do work better then just a simple can but start doing some research on the matter.

I spent about 3 months researching them.

The ebay can with home made baffle materials does work decent but the more oil particles you can trap the better. Oil in your intake causes your overall octane rating to lower a fair bit. The problem with the ebay cans and many on the market is the in and out tubes are in the same level so really there is nothing making the vapor go through the actual baffling, it can quite easily just bypass it. The Saikou michi can is quite cheap and from my research one of the best for the cost.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search