HavBlue - now with TVS - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HavBlue - now with TVS
Friday, April 18, 2014 9:19 PM
been upgrading the car the past few months.

been after one of these blowers for a while, and Over The Top Performance ran a GP on CSS recently and I managed to get in on it just in time.

the last time an M62 will be on this car.

but I also upgraded the brakes...

and today this showed up

better pics and video coming soon. but believe me when I say, this car is fast as hell now.
I'm on a 2.7" pulley

Re: HavBlue - now with TVS
Friday, April 18, 2014 10:26 PM
Good luck with the TVS!

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Friday, April 18, 2014 10:37 PM
first start up vid

Saturday, April 19, 2014 4:02 AM

Awesome man. How's traction with that beast? Also wondering what it sounds like with the 2.7?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, April 19, 2014 5:36 AM
very nice

Saturday, April 19, 2014 8:01 AM
Badass.

So this TVS sits on a complete LSJ block? Must haul ass!

What transmission?

Brakes look sweet. Good stopping power is important. Did you buy the Wilwood kit new or used?

Saturday, April 19, 2014 9:44 AM
It's like you know how to build a car to perform well, stop well, and look good or something.

I think you owe me a pair of slacks for the mess that you put in it...
Saturday, April 19, 2014 10:10 AM
Y3llowCav wrote:

Awesome man. How's traction with that beast? Also wondering what it sounds like with the 2.7?

Exactly!!!!!!! Driving vid needed!!!!!!! Slacker!!!!!!!

I Love My J ♡
Saturday, April 19, 2014 11:54 AM
Tony Ellis wrote:Badass.

What transmission?

Brakes look sweet. Good stopping power is important. Did you buy the Wilwood kit new or used?

TVS and Harrop options for the M62 setup from a cobalt.

FU Tuning

Saturday, April 19, 2014 5:35 PM
Cant wait to see a vid...

Contemplating picking one up myself.
Saturday, April 19, 2014 9:19 PM
Tony Ellis wrote:Badass.

What transmission?

Jbody F23

car is 100% LSJ swapped.

I got the wilwood kit used from a member here. Still working out the bugs, but this car is full manual brakes as well and hasn't ever stopped better than it does now.

Sunday, April 20, 2014 1:30 AM
Y3llowCav wrote:

traction... is a serious problem now. my fronts are worn out pretty bad from the M62, so I'm looking into getting some RE-11s to replace all 4 tires... or just throw radials on the front

the TVS is a weird sounding blower.... it whirs more than it whines. It kinda sounds like a jet in a way.... idk it's weird.
plus, I'm still tuning it so I haven't really done too many multi-gear pulls yet.

power hits instantely as one would expect with a roots style blower, and it hits HARD.

I'm hitting 20psi at I want to say less than 4000rpm.. it's hard to pay attention while trying to not get busted by cops, blow my engine up, and crash the car so whenever I'm in it I usually just glue my eyes to the road.
but with the TVS the higher the revs go the more power climbs... it just keeps pulling harder and harder the more you rev.

Sunday, April 20, 2014 3:31 PM
What's the reasoning/advantage to the manual brakes?

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Sunday, April 20, 2014 8:28 PM
Roofy wrote:What's the reasoning/advantage to the manual brakes?

space under the hood. my car is a 1SV so it didn't have ABS. the booster is big and ugly and the giant vacuum line is a pain to route and deal with.

plus, if the engine ever dies I still have braking no sweat.
modified stock pedal, wilwood tandem 7/8" master cylinder, and now the wilwood 4 piston 12.19" rotor setup in front. braking feels awesome now.

Monday, April 21, 2014 10:20 PM
some pics

video =)

Monday, April 21, 2014 10:45 PM
That @!#$ cluster is so badass, lol.

I want one, but so a$$pensive :c

Sounds and looks amazing, jealous!

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 2:58 AM
I vote you spend a day cleaning and painting brackets

Other than that, it sounds amazing and definitely performs!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, April 22, 2014 2:58 AM

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:50 PM
Yeah man, that does sound great from inside the car. Really nice. How does it sound outside? What exhaust?

Dash is freakin cool . . . do you ever just reach over, pull your left wrist up to your mouth, and go "KITT, I need ya."

DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) wrote:
I got the wilwood kit used from a member here. Still working out the bugs, but this car is full manual brakes as well and hasn't ever stopped better than it does now.

Wilwood is about 15 min from my work. Took a tour of the place in 2005, met with Bill Wood. It's a nice clean operation, and I'm sure they've grown since. If you need something off the shelf or custom, let me know and I can go ask. I still know the engineering manager and one of the sales guys.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 12:18 AM
Tony Ellis wrote:Yeah man, that does sound great from inside the car. Really nice. How does it sound outside? What exhaust?

Dash is freakin cool . . . do you ever just reach over, pull your left wrist up to your mouth, and go "KITT, I need ya."

DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) wrote:

Wilwood is about 15 min from my work. Took a tour of the place in 2005, met with Bill Wood. It's a nice clean operation, and I'm sure they've grown since. If you need something off the shelf or custom, let me know and I can go ask. I still know the engineering manager and one of the sales guys.

exhaust is a MES stainless steel cat-back kit that I modified and welded together myself. 3" from the 4-1 header back.
cat, resonator, muffler. 100% legal (maybe a bit loud but that's it). Once I pass inspection this year, I may put a test pipe in because I miss shooting flames.

I've called wilwood tech a few times when I was doing my manual conversion. I'm going to pick components for the rear setup I'm going to fab some brackets for then order stuff wherever I can find it. The car stops great now tho which is a nice luxury because the TVS gets it moving out in a serious hurry.

raced an SRT-4 tonight and spanked him in the top end.
the owner was so impressed he followed me into a parking lot and asked me "WTF do you have done to that car, that's a f-ing sleeper" lol

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 4:55 AM
It's builds like this that make me want to continue modding my car and not part it out like a see a lot of people doing lately. It's just hard to get any motivation from such an old platform that has lots of pitfalls (econo-car) for becoming a high performance tuner. These cars aren't like the Evos and Subies that will always have the fan base backing them up regardless of how old they get.

I applaud you PJ on a job well done. You always seem to pull something out of your hat and amaze the crowd. 1st TVS cav, no; but 1st LSJ swapped TVS Cav with a RacePak cluster, hell yeah!
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:02 PM
hahaha I still get a kick out of your big enthusiasm for a blower. love it, sir!

RIP silver car. You will be missed.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 1:17 PM
AIS 3 gallon meth tank arrived. Gonna pick up some used parts from local KGM members to complete my meth kit. This tank mounts the pump to it as well making for a super clean install.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 1:53 PM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) wrote:Gonna pick up some used parts from local KGM members to complete my meth kit.

Make sure you clean the nasties off of it first.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, April 24, 2014 4:17 PM
Naw, the nasties make it run better. Plus that isnt the KGM way.

Friday, April 25, 2014 5:46 AM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:Naw, the nasties make it run better. Plus that isnt the KGM way.

Truf

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search