Boost leak? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Boost leak?
Friday, July 11, 2014 5:32 PM
Alright so I've got the hahn II kit with the 16g. Had the car dialed in pretty good felt like it pulled strong was reading about 7psi boost. So had some body work done on it, didn't have the car for 2 weeks got it back and it just didn't feel the same. Now when I get into boost reads 5psi that's all. When the turbo spoils up it whistles really loud until it gets to full boost and seems to be quiet. Could the loud whistling be coming from my bov being open when it's not supposed to be? The bov is a turbosmart supersonic with the 14-17hg spring in it. The 19-21hg spring gave me allot of compressor surge. I'm thinking about buying a boost leak tester. Any help would be cool, thanks.

Re: Boost leak?
Friday, July 11, 2014 6:14 PM
Check all the connections and vacuum lines.

I went from 25 to 20 on a tial bov with the 10psi spring in it when it popped off the manifold

Mine whistles very loud like if I pop a charge pipe or something and it isn't boosting and it's free spinning. It's leaking somehow, just need to find it.

Last leak I had was stealthy, the boot didn't make a good seal at the fmic but it wasn't disconnected.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Re: Boost leak?
Saturday, July 12, 2014 10:37 AM
Now that you mention it I should probably check the couplers on the front mount. I had a new front bumper put on and they may have loosened the hose clamps for a better bumper fit.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search