need info and links - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need info and links
Monday, March 16, 2015 2:29 PM
Ok I have a 97 cav 2.4 I'm building bottom end with forged pistons, eagle connecting rods, stainless steel valves, and aluminum bearings. But can't find a dame turbo for this car. I find partial kits but after looking at parts are for 2.2 even though they say 2.4. Found a 10 psi super charger but discontinued Rrrr. Found a turbo on eBay but missing a lit of parts and manifold and down pipe are for 2.2. So if any can help me much appreciated. Plus how much boost give or take could this engine handle. I know no engine is the same just wanted some ideas. Also wondering where y'all have got your computer tuned. I've seen these send us your computer and will tune it just not sure about those. Trying to find some one in my area to dyno tune. I'm in sanmarcos tx.

Re: need info and links
Monday, March 16, 2015 3:04 PM
You are not going to find a bolt on turbo kit unless someone is selling a used one. You will need to buy parts separately and put it together. You can buy manifolds, any turbo will work as long as your manifold has a flange it will bolt to.

FU Tuning

Monday, March 16, 2015 3:44 PM
Ok after some time on the super charger tread I might go that route. They state you can tune addicted to meth. I'mlooking to hit 250 hp
Monday, March 16, 2015 4:17 PM
Robert Reynolds wrote:Ok after some time on the super charger tread I might go that route. They state you can tune addicted to meth. I'mlooking to hit 250 hp

FULLY built maybe...210-225 is normal for an LD9 and a M45.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, March 16, 2015 5:36 PM
What about the m62 or will that not work on my 2.4
Monday, March 16, 2015 8:53 PM
You will need a custom built intake manifold to run the M62.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search