turbo compatability - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
turbo compatability
Friday, April 03, 2015 7:28 AM
Hi I'm a bit of a noob to modding cars but I'm familiar with some of the j-body platform. I have a question that I can't find the answer to in the search query. My coworker just totaled her 2011 buick regal with the 2.0 turbo charged engine i believe it is the LHU 2.0 engine. I own a 2003 cgevy cavalier ls sport and im wanting to go the forced induction route but like all of us, i want to save as much money as possible. Would her turbo be an easy fit to the L61 2.2 in my cavi or is it just a lost cause that would cost a lot more in the modification prosses to make it fit vs the cobalt as super charger which I know just bolts on and you just need bigger injectors and a good tune?

Any advise would be great and im sorry if i posted in the wrong section i rarly use forums for anything other than lurking for info.
Thanks guys

Re: turbo compatability
Friday, April 03, 2015 8:44 AM
From what I can tell the turbo manifold and turbo should fit with little to no modifications. As for the intake manifold it too looks like it should bolt up with little problems. You will not be able to use its fuel injectors however do to it being direct injected. So larger injectors are a must as well as a tune. You will also have to fab up your own charge pipes and with luck you might be able to use the LHU intercooler if not you can probably find one for cheap. This engine is very similar if not identical to the LNF out of the Cobalt SS turbo which I know someone here used the turbo setup on their car with some modification so I would look for that post to get more info.
Friday, April 03, 2015 8:46 AM
Here's a link to the build..

LNF on L61
Friday, April 03, 2015 11:08 AM
Awesome thanks for the help man hopefully I can get it off her car without the insurance people getting to upset haha
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search