All who still roam here. I need your help. - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
All who still roam here. I need your help.
Friday, April 17, 2015 10:39 PM
Okay not sure who's all here still but anyway. I just dumped probably too much money on the Portfueler setup. I had plans of taking it to a local shop to get the PE delay changed along with a few other things. He quoted me $600. Not sure such little work is worth that much money. Is there any place that I can mail a stock ecu to and have them make the changes I need so then I can just street tune the portfueler with a wideband? Do you think I'm better off just buying hpt? I'm not sure which route I should go, I'd like your opinions.

Re: All who still roam here. I need your help.
Saturday, April 18, 2015 2:21 PM
Why do you need the PE delay changed if the PortFueler is going to take over in boost?

FU Tuning

Saturday, April 18, 2015 3:01 PM
Hahn recommends setting the PE to 0. So I was just going off what they are saying. You don't think that would be needed? My car is an 05 so the delay is at 6200rpm
Saturday, April 18, 2015 7:01 PM
Im imagining that pe being set to 0 is in the portfueler software. It wouldnt be at 0rpm.
Saturday, April 18, 2015 7:29 PM
I haven't looked at how to change the PE delay but I think there are a few criteria that you have to meet like a certain throttle position along with a certain rpm. And when I asked hahn bill said set the pe to 0. Not really sure what he meant by that though. But now I'm wondering as well why it would need to be changed and why I couldn't just tune it without pe. Unless timing has something to do with it that changes when you get into pe mode.
Sunday, April 19, 2015 3:17 PM
I could be wrong on this but I always thought Hahn advertised this as a option not needing HPT, or other tuning.

FU Tuning

Sunday, April 19, 2015 4:32 PM
I know that was pretty much the reason the I bought it.. Maybe I'm supposed to set it to zero because if I did engage power enrichment with it set so high that it would be too much fuel. If I do have to use HPT I'm trying to find a cheaper alternate to $650 for the simple changes I need to make. Have you ever heard of mail tuning? Or if I buy a cable I can send it to someone?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search