racetronix fuel pump ? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
racetronix fuel pump ?
Sunday, January 17, 2016 5:23 PM
This coming spring I will finally be going sc now the question is on racetronix web site which pump did you guys use a part number on their site would help and any other info would be great...

Re: racetronix fuel pump ?
Sunday, January 17, 2016 5:47 PM
I used the one for a Grand Prix gtp

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Monday, January 18, 2016 4:32 AM
I have the F-body pump and harness.
Most are using the G-body pump, and the F-body harness.

ALL the part Numbers have been listed a bunch on here. If I had more time I would look them up.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, January 18, 2016 6:24 AM
Yeah I was actually on the Web site looking it up yesterday looked for part numbers and everything even typed in racetronix into the search some things came up but no part numbers or what pumps were used...
Monday, January 18, 2016 11:43 AM
Just not searching right. I just did a quick search and found 10 post about it, and no not everyone had part numbers, but 3 did.

FU Tuning

Monday, January 18, 2016 7:54 PM
Well see that's the thing I did search a little more today but no one is 100% specific I do have plans on going lower later on, on pulleys but some say use the f body set up using the pump and harness some others say use the w body pump and f body harness and others say use both the w body harness and bump the only thing I am a little skeptical over is using the w body pump with the foam sleeve would think that over time the sleeve could break down and cause me problems. With the f body pump just wanna make sure it definently works the same. I do know their are pros and cons about both pumps , but more specific what is the right harness or does that not matter..
Tuesday, January 19, 2016 10:23 AM
I'm using the w body on my turbo 2200. I just wired it up threw it in and that was it. I didn't mess with putting the foam thing in. I haven't had any problems out of it yet and I did not buy the harness. IMO it's not needed for daily driver street cars like mine. I also make sure not to let my gas get below a quarter of a tank. Either pump will work the install is slightly different for both pumps.
Tuesday, January 19, 2016 8:05 PM
Well I do have the 2.2 ecotec motor and I plan to keep this like this for a little while but planning on building a motor and more than likely going turbo later on in the future..
Wednesday, January 20, 2016 6:43 AM
Motor type doesn't matter I was just letting you know my car is lightly boosted (220 whp at 8psi) and the pump is holding up fine. The fuel pumps are the same only difference is the eco does not have a fuel return. The racetronix will be fine for most applications but I'm pretty sure Roofy has a thread on how to flow even more fuel if needed. Believe he used an aeromotive in tank.
Wednesday, January 20, 2016 3:56 PM
No it's cool Austin I was just not sure if the motor type mattered at all with which one to use still new to this whole thing had some other things happen in life so it made me set this project aside for a little while wanted to do it about 2 years ago but wanted to make sure everything else I pretty much wanted or had to do was done before adding the supercharger to it .... I knew then that I would be upgrading the pump just figured I would wait till one of the last things I needed to purchase before the install. But thanks for your help and the other guys that replied as well just wanted to make sure that all pros and cons were gone over on my final decision.
Wednesday, January 20, 2016 4:54 PM
the pump as far as output is the same from fbody and wbody. They both work.

FU Tuning

Thursday, January 21, 2016 6:41 AM
And just like the pumps either harness will work as well?
Thursday, January 21, 2016 10:23 AM
I went with the W-body pump and harness. The harness install was very simple and with the benefits it provides I don't see any reason NOT to do it.

I was running a 2.9" pulley on a M62 with 63# injectors and stock fuel pump. We had to lean the higher RPMs out to keep my IDC at 85%. I swapped in the W-body pump and harness and toss my TVS on the car with a 3.3" pulley. I was making 2 more PSI than the M62 and 2.9". We ended up pulling fuel out of the M62/2.9" tune. I never changed injectors. I then swapped to a AEM wideband(my Innovate was junk) and swapped to a 3.1" pulley on the TVS(4 more PSI than M62/2.9") and we still ended up pulling fuel to get the AFRs in check. I am pretty sure that I still have enough room left now to run a 2.9" pulley on my TVS(should be ~6psi more than the M62/2.9", ~20psi max) and still maintain a safe 85% IDC on the same 63# injectors

Summary, I was maxed out 63# injectors with a M62/2.9" combo with the stock fuel pump. Now I can run a TVS/2.9" combo on the same injectors just because I upgraded the fuel pump and harness.

Saturday, January 23, 2016 12:55 AM
Thanks tinkles for the reply glad it was a easy upgrade also looking at doin the battery relocation to the trunk as well ... is ryan still around doin tunes?
Saturday, January 23, 2016 9:57 AM
Ryan is still around, but I don't think he is taking on any more new tuning projects.

Saturday, January 23, 2016 11:33 AM
Ok I will have to give him a shout out some time to see if a be we can work something out since he had the white fire like mine he said it should be pretty close where he may have to only tweek things here or their uploading his data onto mine.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search