Water meth injection? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Water meth injection?
Monday, April 18, 2016 2:12 PM
I have a 99 2.2l running 6 psi. That I'm looking to get so.excited better intake air temps out of. Ivery never seen it go above 165 f . But the difference In performance is drastic once it gets that hot. I am not running an inntercooler due to space and the low boost that I'm using. My question is what are the pros and cons of water meth injection? Will I be able to install a kit and still keep my existing tune? My engine management is all stock except for the tune and injectors so could that cause me and issues? Is it realistic to think I could see a 60 degree drop in intake temps with this?

Re: Water meth injection?
Monday, April 18, 2016 3:57 PM
Can you run meth on your set up? Yes. It will affect the tune.

I highly recommend running a intercooler setup.

FU Tuning

Monday, April 18, 2016 4:27 PM
I was unever the impresion that this was a safe affective mod? Your saying a would need to be returned after this? As far as inntercoolers go, any thought on ebay coolers? I had thought about the water /meth because it seemed like a less expensive option
Monday, April 18, 2016 7:28 PM
Meth has it's place. I have ran meth for years on my M45 setup. Currently running water injection on my M62 setup.

Meth is a type of fuel so it will richen your fuel mixture, so tuning will be needed. A good meth setup will have a easy $300 invested.

Nothing wrong with ebay intercoolers. Intercooler will give you the same results, and you could always do meth down the road, but usually not needed with a proper turbo setup. Even with a intercooler you will likely need a retune.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 2:36 PM
Definitely run an intercooler setup first. Nothing wrong with an ebay intercooler.

Addicted to meth wrote:Currently running water injection on my M62 setup.

What size nozzle with 100% water again?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, April 20, 2016 5:42 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:Definitely run an intercooler setup first. Nothing wrong with an ebay intercooler.

Addicted to meth wrote:Currently running water injection on my M62 setup.

What size nozzle with 100% water again?

I'm on a small nozzle. I think the smallest.. Keep in mind I'm on a air to air intercooler setup.

FU Tuning

Thursday, April 28, 2016 8:28 AM
I'm running meth on my car while being intercooled.
It will 100% affect the tune and fuel mapping.
I'm using the Boost Cooler Stage 3 set up from snow performance.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search