Fuel Pump & FMU Needed? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fuel Pump & FMU Needed?
Thursday, March 03, 2005 5:30 PM
Hey guys,

I've done some research and can't really find what I'm looking for. I'm about to start working on a turbo project and had a few questions. PLEASE forgive my igorance and don't flame me...

Anyways, I'm looking at starting out with a simple 5psi boost setup with a T3 Turbo (I have the 2200 motor). Would I necessarily NEED a new Fuel Pump and FMU with this low of boost on a 2200? Would I be running too lean without changing that out? I can't find much help about this. I don't plan on upgrading the boost for quite some time, so I'm not too worried about it if I don't need it right now.

Please help me out on this. Thanks.

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

TAX ID: 45-8013458577-3

Re: Fuel Pump & FMU Needed?
Thursday, March 03, 2005 5:36 PM
FMU = Yes

Fuel Pump, not necessarily.

Keep in mind, your stock injectors are incredibly small, and cannot keep up with ANY boost. Especially at stock pressure.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, March 03, 2005 6:32 PM
Where could I find an FMU and some injectors for my 2200? I thought Cavalier Connection said that all you needed for Turbo was everything they have in their kit (but that doesn't include anything related to fuel). Thanks for the help Shifted.

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

TAX ID: 45-8013458577-3
Thursday, March 03, 2005 6:44 PM
Ebay. For such low PSI you could use the 2.4 injectors from 96-98, and get a cartech or something. I'm not sure why Cav Connection says you don't need any fuel mods, but I wouldn't dream of running any boost on the stock 2.2/2200 fuel system.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:27 PM
sorry to bring this back from the dead but I've been searching for a while and haven't found much other than RC engineering custom injectors...

I'm looking to run 15psi of boost on my OHV (after some forged internals) I'm starting out with 10psi of boost for roughly 200hp at the wheels...

I'm doing compressor maps as we speak to choose a proper T3 turbo for the manifold I have, and I plan on using the links in the FAQ to find a proper injector size, but where can I get larger injectors other than RC engineering?

Are there OEM+ injectors (other than Z24) or other make/model that will keep my car happy up to that boost pressure? I'd like the injectors to be slightly larger so that 15psi will be cake and not the very edge for the injectors.

Some of the supportive mods I plan on getting is a bar and plate intercooler, 2.5" IC piping, 3" downpipe with 3" custom exhaust, and GReddy eManage, and the blazer in tank fuel pump

any input shifted...?

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:30 PM
Well, luckily you have the 98+, which are top fed injectors and I believe you can use things like the ford red tops, which will probably hold to 200-225hp. After that you may need to add some resistors to the brown tops, which will probably hold you up to 250-300hp.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search