external wastegate what do you think - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
external wastegate what do you think
Friday, March 25, 2005 10:59 PM
i bought my turbo from this place and it seems to be a pretty nice product, so i noticed this wastegate on there and was wondering what you guys think about it if it looks decent...
http://www.xs-power.com/turbo-accessories-35mm-wastegate-583psi.htm

thanks i was also looking at the tial 38mm but if i could get this one for a lot cheaper id rather get this one. i dont make much working at a car wash lol

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

UNLIMITED streaming online movies

Re: external wastegate what do you think
Friday, March 25, 2005 11:41 PM
Doesn't look like a bad deal.

Check Out My Domain Page!!!
Saturday, March 26, 2005 5:52 AM
awesome

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

Saturday, March 26, 2005 10:19 AM
You might want to run a search on "stone mountain racing" and "ssautochrome" before buying any more parts from that place. There are a couple of pictures on here that might have you returning that turbo......before the housing cracks in half. Hopefully you are one of the few that got good stuff though.
Saturday, March 26, 2005 11:29 AM
yeah i've heard some bad things about XS Power
Saturday, March 26, 2005 3:47 PM
that wastegate will leak , it will be screwed is a few weeks of runing it , stay away .

also if that turbois a xs power or yz or something like that get rid of it asap they blow the seals with in weeks . it will be a paper weight .

sorry for giving u the bad news

slamming 2 gen cavi
Saturday, March 26, 2005 7:07 PM
yea i heard about yz but mine isnt yz its called turboxs and i didnt see anything bad about them....

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

Saturday, March 26, 2005 8:39 PM
xs power ? if so do a search on here adler posted a pic of a turbo where the housing fell in 2 . it may look ok but i will blow out the seals

slamming 2 gen cavi
Saturday, March 26, 2005 8:48 PM
well i cant seem to find anything about it by searching, i have some pictures of it at
http://photobucket.com/albums/y5/wikkymaster/
so if anybody recognizes it as a bad turbo let me know....hmm they have nothing but good feedback

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

Sunday, March 27, 2005 9:45 AM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=62670&t=62580#62670

dumpthat thing on ebay before its to late . i know its bad selling someone a pos but u got to think there going to buy ones anyways cuz they dont know better . so they might as well pay a little less and ulll get some or most of ur money back

slamming 2 gen cavi
Monday, March 28, 2005 12:11 PM
Quote:

smcavalier wrote :that wastegate will leak , it will be screwed is a few weeks of runing it , stay away .

where are you getting your information about this?

Monday, March 28, 2005 3:01 PM
That waste gate looks exactly like my innovative turbo systems waste gate. It might not be a bad product. Could be the same thing with a different brand name on it.... IF your getting whats pictured. I would call and inquire more before i bought it.

- 97 Z24 Racecar work in progress
- 04 WRX STi
ATR Crew Member
Monday, March 28, 2005 8:46 PM
hmm maybe i will get rid of the turbo...even though the pictured one on that post isnt what mine looks like exactly, but it is the same brand...

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 8:24 PM
the info is from some one on v6z24.com the pressure tested it for leaks . it was leaking air throw the valve seal so really exaust will got throw there and burn up the diaphram

slamming 2 gen cavi
Friday, April 01, 2005 1:07 AM
i am seeing bad things about there turbos as well (after i bought one ) but it seems no one has it on a cav and if they do have not given any info on how thay are doing. So unless someone put on on the 2.2 and says it fell apart i would keep it. as for the wastegate it seems that org people have tested it and said its crap.

Friday, April 01, 2005 3:16 PM
the turbo dont just fall apart because of the car its on , its the actual turbo . if it failed on a civic it will fail on ur cavalier

slamming 2 gen cavi
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 7:53 AM
so one bad turbo makes all of there turbos bad, im selling my cavy then becasue people have problems with them so mine must be bad right? im not tring to be a smart ass but people seem to complain about stuff around here before seeing more than one case.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 9:57 AM
but maybe i should look into it further i guess....before i say anything myself

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 10:16 AM
Well the w/g that xs power or stone mountian racing or ssautochrome sells is just a cheap knock off of the Tial design for half the price.

I was looking a there turbos before i came across the T3 i bought on Ebay, which is an ITS turbo, and of known quality. And i was again looking at there w/g also because of the ost, as im not made of money either, but i have decided to go with either a geniune Tial 38mm or the ITS minigate, both are about the same price, around 250 or so depending on where you buy it at, and it just comes back to you get what you pay for, it may last forever or last a week, but if it leaks youll never build any boost, and heaven for bid it should stick and then youll blow your motor from overboosting, and for what im spending on building my engine, im not going to chance it just to save a few bucks that may or may not work out in the long run.

Atleast if you are willing to pay alittle more upfront, then you know what you are getting and dont have to question the quality.

Ill most likly go with the Tial 38mm w/g and Tial 50mm BOV, becaue i cant get them locally for the best price i have found and dotn have to pay shipping.

Check here for a good price, its a local turbo shop that has a pretty good rep in the DSM world from what i understand.
Click here for the website

Hope this helps you out with your decision.

Mike

1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492. Oh, Its just a stock V6!

1999 Cavalier Coupe, daily driver, 2200/M5. Mods and pics are in my registry.

Fully built turbo 2200 in progress, should be installed very soon. Will post details as they happen.
Support the site that supports your habit, Go Premium.
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 10:18 PM
http://www.turbochargers.com/Accessories/Tial2.htm

im all over this bad boy!!!

you think that will work for a 2.2 setup?

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 11:24 PM
Stay away from that cheap chinese-made knockoff @!#$. No good ever somes from it. I don't care if its 1/4 the price, run far away.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 11:35 PM
wait the waste gate above?

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 7:25 AM
no, hes talking about the ones on ebay. The one above is the saem one im getting, although i will be getting the red one. Tial is one of the best ones out there high quality and will work fine on a 2.2.

Mike

1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492. Oh, Its just a stock V6!

1999 Cavalier Coupe, daily driver, 2200/M5. Mods and pics are in my registry.

Fully built turbo 2200 in progress, should be installed very soon. Will post details as they happen.
Support the site that supports your habit, Go Premium.
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 10:19 PM
sweet thankx man!

now where can i get a 2.2 maiflold with a waste gate flange? or can i get manifold and add the flange?

Thursday, April 07, 2005 6:50 PM
u can get a manifold and then have a flange welded on

slamming 2 gen cavi
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search