turbo 2.4/eco/2200/2.2 w/o a cat - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
turbo 2.4/eco/2200/2.2 w/o a cat
Monday, March 28, 2005 4:09 PM
I have a turbo 04 ecotec, and have to have some exhaust work done....its still running on stock exhaust and was plan on running 2 1/4 from the turbo to after the cat where the exhaust is second piece (its got a flange right after the cat..on 2.4's and ecos..not sure about the rest) and run 2.5 inch to the back...

I was thinkinng about taking my cat out and straight pipeing it through...now my question is..anyone have a turbo 2.4 or ecotec that they took out there cat? how does it run and what to do with the o2 after the cat? is it a good idea or dont do it? i bought a rksport magnaflow cat-back exhaust a while ago for my 02 cav i used to have..and in the box with the pipes they gave me also a optional cat pipe with flanges on each side on it to bypass the cat..i never used and was digging around today and found it.....so i was planning on incorperating it in my exhaust when i go to do this....

any suggestions??...i cant run 3 inch and will be happy running 2.5 after the cat...i have a saab type swingvalve assembly off the turbo that accepts 2 1/4 inch piping ..and my downpipe is all-ready 2 1/4 inch thats why im staying with that size untill after the cat.

Re: turbo 2.4/eco/2200/2.2 w/o a cat
Monday, March 28, 2005 5:14 PM
I got a nice check engine light because I dont have a cat and 3" all the way back to the magnaflow muff ... Id use a high flow cat if I were you. just my opinion, though. I got one that I have yet to put on.

Check out my Part Out List!! Great Prices !! http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/52925/

Monday, March 28, 2005 5:48 PM
ok thanks...i was afraid of that....i was thinking about using a high flow cat also...thanks for the input.
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 10:03 PM
you can take out the cat and use an O2 simulator. that way you wont get a check engine light. they have them on www.pfyc.com. check under exhaust.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 10:08 PM
just checked and noticed that pfyc doesnt have cavaliers listed. the grand am or alero one might work...i'm not positive. but they also have them at www.highrevmotorsports.com under cavalier/sunfire exhaust.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 7:42 PM
rk sport sells a o2 simulator for the cavs for about 65 bucks . i used it and had no eng light . i have no cat and 2.5 all the way back.

13's or blowning it. one way or the other!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search